Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A common blackbird fledgling hiding in the Japanese barberry bush - I noticed this because the parent birds are digging everywhere for earthworms.

P1105307.JPG

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Found this cutie walking the front fence line. My dog Carson never saw it. I didn’t stop, didn’t want it to jump up and run.

View attachment 57995
Sometimes they won’t run. They are pretty good about staying put when their mama’s go out to eat. One of the guys almost ran over one when he was cutting the hay. There was no where to move the fawn where its mama mwould be able to find him again without the coyotes getting him first. So he brought it here and we wound up bottlefeeding him. Mr. Potamus took him on as one of his charges. They always slept together and they became best friends. He lived in our backyard, ate all my raspberries and blueberries, and would jump the corral fence to graze in the 20 acre pasture for a year. Then Mr. Potamus died of old age, and Freddy left, and we never saw him again.
IMG_1365.jpeg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes they won’t run. They are pretty good about staying put when their mama’s go out to eat. One of the guys almost ran over one when he was cutting the hay. There was no where to move the fawn where its mama mwould be able to find him again without the coyotes getting him first. So he brought it here and we wound up bottlefeeding him. Mr. Potamus took him on as one of his charges. They always slept together and they became best friends. He lived in our backyard, ate all my raspberries and blueberries, and would jump the corral fence to graze in the 20 acre pasture for a year. Then Mr. Potamus died of old age, and Freddy left, and we never saw him again.View attachment 58084

Latest posts