Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful gardens Red! Is all that blooming now? Seems early for some stuff, my lilacs are still in buds. Love the white trillium, I just bought 3 of those...oh, I suppose that should go on the "impulse" thread.

All of those photos were taken today. My lilacs are still in bud as well. There were plenty more pics that I didn't post because I was having problems getting them to load properly.

I agree to the impulse thread. I planted three white trilliums. They seemed to die and didn't come back the next spring so I planted three more (yellow) trilliums in their place. The next year both colors popped up clamoring for space.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
trees-flowering-crab-jpg.2538

That is beautiful!!!
All of your gardens are spectacular, absolutely beautiful.:love

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Wishin', are you saying you like the winter-kill on my boxwoods? Yup! Those beautiful off-white shrubs are dead, dead, dead. I took that shot because they do look great against the flowering crabs.

I have three varieties of boxwoods. The other two types were totally undamaged by our frigid winter winds. These will need a major 'hair cut' before they can reclaim their evergreen beauty.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Smart Red The photos composition is beautiful, dead boxwoods or not:) The contrast between the wheat like color along the base of the picture, and the lavender (color) up top, creates a stunning effect that causes you to pause and look closer, when you look closer the angle of and the top, bottom contrast funneling the eye toward the bottom right resting on the soft subtle gray (birch like tree trunk), and lavender (color) an excellent color combination. I LOVE it:love

Latest posts