Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

donna13350

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I had to ask because many years ago I was in Canada and saw a black squirrel for the first time....I thought it was beautiful. I asked and found out that we have them in the States, too, they're just rare in areas where the grey squirrels are because they run them off...so I was wondering if you were hiding black bunnies up there in the wild, too! LOL

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
there's a population of black squirrels about a half mile down the road from us here, but they stick close to the edge of the woods and where the black walnut trees are at. it is open fields between here and there and not too many squirrels hang out here for long as the hawks go after them. most of the time i see them they are running for it.

i've not ever seen a black squirrel here, but plenty of the others. they wander around and do some acorn moving and planting which is how we know they are around most of the time when a random pile starts to sprout and grow while the nearest oak trees are hundreds of feet away.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to ask because many years ago I was in Canada and saw a black squirrel for the first time....I thought it was beautiful. I asked and found out that we have them in the States, too, they're just rare in areas where the grey squirrels are because they run them off...so I was wondering if you were hiding black bunnies up there in the
I had to ask because many years ago I was in Canada and saw a black squirrel for the first time....I thought it was beautiful. I asked and found out that we have them in the States, too, they're just rare in areas where the grey squirrels are because they run them off...so I was wondering if you were hiding black bunnies up there in the wild, too! LOL
We have lots of black squirrels in the PNW! They are packed full of energy and in town they are very tame!

donna13350

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We have lots of black squirrels in the PNW! They are packed full of energy and in town they are very tame!
I've only seen 1 here in the last 30 years, and that was a long time ago. We have the grey squirrel...they grab my hickory nuts and bury them all over every year. I don't mind, as long as they stay out of my garden ! They seem to prefer hickory to hazel nut, so that's a good thing for me...I have 7 mature hickories that were here when I bought the place, so plenty for everyone.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How wonderful--- thank you so much. And man, have those basil seedlings ever grown since that photo was taken. They were just babies then, and now they are 2" tall teenagers!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
These two cuties were born January 10, 2033, they are 2 weeks old. The black one is a ewe-KEEPER! I named her Jet and she will be added to the flock. The white one was a ram, I castrated him 2 days ago. He will go to a neighbor’s little girl as a pet.

F7900DE5-5D5F-40B8-BDA7-671CE45A1369.jpeg

Latest posts