Pictures of my garden-I kinda went crazy with the camera!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very nice pics and everything looks so healthy! I love Oregon. DH wants to move to Oregon, just across the border from Eureka, where he was born and raised.

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have squash ENVY!! I wish I could grow squash that looks that good. The squash bugs around here are terrible. Everything looks great and love those chicken pictures especially of the SLW in the basket, cute!!!

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You have a wonderful variety of things growing, and they all look happy!

I see your hens like the shade from your butterfly bush, I have one in my yard, a very pretty plant when in bloom.

Now that's what I call an open air chicken coop..lots of ventilation!:D;)

Personally I would be very hesitant to grow Morning Glory, or Lemon Balm unless they were in containers! Both of those can really spread, and become a major nuisance..The previous owners of my property planted Lemon balm in the garden, and I have been pulling it up for the last 3 years..:rolleyes:

Thanks for the pictures!

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Are you saving seeds? What are the purple Peppers, looks good! What will ya trade for some of those seeds?

GPN :D

chickcritty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back to you - I've been on vacation. Visited the San Francisco Bay Area where I'm originally from. I didn't plant the lemon balm - it does grow wherever it likes! The acorn squash is called Acorn Table Queen Bush and the black peppers are called Black Hungarian. They are a very mild pepper with a great flavor. They turn red when fully ripe but I've only had one that has so far because I usually can't wait that long to pick them! I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to hot things, so I'm definitely going to plant these again. GPN, what seeds do you have?

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
well today i have dill, castor beans (to rid the moles), rose of sharon tree seed mixed colors, burpless cumumber,carnival pepper mix, have other hot peppers but can't put my hand on them at this moment, lets see.....Eastern Red bud tree seeds, silk tree, ummmm......trumpets when they dry out.....moon plant (white) when they dry, turkey trots(cleomes) mixed colors.......Rattle snake beans......my box is out of reach right now what do you need/want and I will look for it

GPN

eta: to correct

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I really like the looks of those Black Hungarian peppers. I may try those for next year. A dark sweet pepper is hard to find. Are they good to eat while dark? Or best when left to turn red?

Lovely garden, and your chickens look like they're enjoying life. :) Love the hen nesting in the basket. Hmmm....there's an idea! I have some young pullets in a tractor, just ready to lay, but no nest box. I could anchor a peach basket to the side of the tractor. That would do until I have coop space for then in a month of so.

Latest posts