Pinks Gone

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smart Red, it appears that the pinks you sent me survived the winter! Yippee. A tiny little bit (sprigs) of them appear to be up. I am so pleased. They looked pretty bad in the fall, all dried out and fragile, and I was afraid they might not make it, but I think they are survivors! I'm also glad it was a mild winter. I will keep you posted!

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smart Red, your Blue Siberian Pinks bloomed beautifully for me this spring. Thanks so much!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great! DH and DS moved my greenhouse a bit back and covered up the crocus and pinks that I had growing there. I think I have some growing in the sunny perennial bed that I can use, but if not, I may be back begging for a trade-back.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will be happy to send you some, Smart Red, but I need to wait a bit, because the clump is still teeny-tiny. I am in hopes we'll have a mild winter and it will take off and spread like mad. If I sent you some now, I fear they would die out. I'll keep you posted. I had one flower on the clump bloom a few days ago. Such a pretty blue color!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do have some in one of the perennial beds so if the ones near the picnic table don't show up, all is not lost. Thank you, GardenGeisha, for thinking of me.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so glad you have another bunch of them. They are so lovely, Smart Red!

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Blue Pinks you gave me are back, Smart Red! They have spread a little bit. Still a small clump, but I'm so happy they are surviving!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup Happy dance!

I think I have only three plants left since Spouse moved the greenhouse and covered the ground up for the picnic table. I'm planting one in with my buckets O herbs on the garden fence. Probably will move the others as well.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If yours die out, let me know, and I'll be happy to share later on, when the clump gets a bit bigger.

Latest posts