Pinks Gone

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are highly susceptible to root rot and need to be in well drained soil, I have read. We had much more snow than usual, and it lasted forever. My plants were 3 or 4 years old and didn't come back.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are highly susceptible to root rot and need to be in well drained soil, I have read. We had much more snow than usual, and it lasted forever. My plants were 3 or 4 years old and didn't come back.
YEP, about the same age, and in a bed that tends towards getting too dry! I suspected the weather. They had spread on there own, maybe I will get a few more from this years seeds.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You are lucky yours spread. Nothing here ever spreads. LOL.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Super! I gave them plenty of room to do so...

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have never had any success w/ pinks, dianthus, carnations :hit at all. They are my favorite scented flowers, I much prefer the spicy scent over the sweet scent of the rose.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good idea, Carol. I know what you mean, Kassaundra. 'Firewitch' is a super fragrant pink variety.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smart Red, my beautiful blue pinks you sent me are blooming today, for the first time! They are gorgeous! Thanks so much. They went through some transplant shock, and I thought I was going to lose them, but they sprang back. They must be very hardy. I love them! X0X0