Pinning it to a Cloud

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rafflecopter is a thing that enters you for giveaways on blogs. What is a sloe cat, btw? It didn't come up in google...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Slow.

I was thinking of putting the "e" on the "old" and put it on the cat, instead.

:rolleyes: It would have to be slow for me to think I could catch it.

I'd edit but the term has now moved into internet lexicon and probably just means "useless."

Steve ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but you made me curious and so I looked it up, it's the fruit of the blackthorn. I've read the term "sloe eyed" and just always assumed it meant almond shaped. I guess it actually meant dark eyed (?). So Steves cat is dark. And not very fast.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought I'd bring this topic back and give you an update:

Clipboard is going out of business . . . Yeah, I got an email from them that said, "it is time to say good bye." Just like that . . .

It seems that they sold out to a business that caters to businesses. So, whatever Clipboard amounted to, will now be re-tooled to the business of business.

Meanwhile, I've re-learned how to encrypt text within Evernote - it was just a matter or "right clicking" after highlighting the text. And, I've begun texting from my phone to Evernote - notes! Yeah, I can be in the garden and make a note of what I'm doing. Like, I was doing that with measurements the other day so that I wouldn't forget. Later, I went on Evernote and edited what I'd sent it earlier. It wasn't very clear but the info was still fresh in my mind with just that sketchy text from the digs :p.

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i recently got myself a tablet to help me in the garden with my planning and planting. also thought it would be good for when i want to relax and do some reading during the slow down of summer. just before i got it i found an article mentioning that there is a 'cloud' application out there for Microsoft's Office program that is free! it's called Office Web App. you don't even need to have any of the Office programs on your computer or tablet. it also will work with older versions (which we have Office 97 on one PC here-my dh's 11 year old desktop). you have access to all the Office programs but you save to their Sky Drive. you can password protect each file, send individual files for sharing with a friend or family member while keeping the rest of your stuff from prying eyes. i always liked using Access for a database of garden plants and seeds i've owned but the newer, expensive Office programs don't include it anymore. :( so every time i've had to get a new PC their trial version never included it, and the last laptop i got wouldn't let me put Office 97 on it. :rant i do have OpenOffice on this PC but i've been having issues where it doesn't seem to update properly without giving me grief whenever i go to use it.

if you have an old Hotmail or MSN account you can sign up for SkyDrive to access those Office programs. i just happened to have an old account but had to go through a lot of changing passwords and account info since i hadn't use it in a very long time!

does it ever feel like the tech from Star Trek is finally coming to reality?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie'sMoma, we are all on a mission to explore strange new worlds . . !!

Yes, I do have a hotmail account and used SkyDrive for emailing pictures . . . now, why was I doing that rather than taking some other route? digitS' scratching his noggin . . .

Evernote is a lot like an emailbox. You could imagine sending things from your phone or tablet to your email and then reviewing them there. What I don't suppose you could do is edit them once they are in your mailbox, tho'. (That TEG editing update info should be in my signature line, don't you think? Honestly, I do read thru things before I post but just can't stop myself from clicking that edit button!)

Steve

Latest posts