Planting flowers

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew, I was so in shock with CrazyFeathers mowing that I forgot to comment on your garden! It all looks so neat and organized. It will look amazing once it fills in. Hope you are not too sore.

Mary

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ninnymary, central WI and yes 5 hours each time. Don't fret though it is not a burden I love it! Honestly by the heat of the summer it is usually once but spring and early summer 2x. But it's ok because my rider has a beer can holder lol.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! I thought I had it bad with 3.5 hours of mowing. Of course, as spouse continues to clean out the property I am mowing more and more each year. And the 3.5 was before I started mowing down in the gully and along my disputed boundary. Sheesh! We just might be sitting on the mower about the same length of time after all.

My mower is too old to have the convenience of a beer holder, but I really do enjoy the peace of mowing with no one to bother me.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ninnymary, central WI and yes 5 hours each time. Don't fret though it is not a burden I love it! Honestly by the heat of the summer it is usually once but spring and early summer 2x. But it's ok because my rider has a beer can holder lol.
Isn't it too hot and humid in the summer to be mowing for 5 hours? :ep

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not when I'm riding. Besides, having so many trees means I can mow in the shade for a while if I get hot. I used to tell spouse we needed a wind mill because it seems there is always a breeze out here.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Peace and quite is what I enjoy too and taking in the scenery. With duct tape anything is possible even a beer can holder, my mower is older too but runs like a top. I also volunteer to mow my neighbors yard (her husband recently passed) and its as large as ours and when the neighbor opposite of me goes on vacation I mow his too lol. I am a lawn mowing fool!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@CrazyFeathers it's ok. I was going to mention the yard had just been manicured also.... lol I could not imagine taking 5 hours to mow the lawn, but I guess you do what needs done. I will not allow Monty J to cut grass around my gazebo or Island anymore, he always forgets to turn the tractor the opposite direction and gets grass in there. Now that I have a push mower I cut that area just to keep him away! LOL Eventually I will be moving my roses from under the tree to a nice sunny spot. They should do fantastic in their new home by next spring! My new "garden oasis" is currently "under construction"

Latest posts