Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:idunno

4811_103032875996_641795996_2530507_4452014_n.jpg

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Carri, Hattie is right - and if it's the one I think it is, Campanula rapunculoides, it's awfully invasive. It's been referred to as 'cancer of the garden', and for my mother, that is so true, she battles with it constantly. It's got this huge carrot that's deep in the ground that sends up shoots all over. You pull the plant, but unless you get that carrot, they come right back - forever.

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That's what my mom says! She hates it but I think it's beautiful. I asked her for some of it and she said, "Oh, you don't want this. I have to weed kill it!" Noooooooooooo!!!

Natalie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I was wondering about those too! I inherited a huge patch of them when we moved in. I like them, but I think I will try to thin them out.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Carri said:
That's what my mom says! She hates it but I think it's beautiful. I asked her for some of it and she said, "Oh, you don't want this. I have to weed kill it!" Noooooooooooo!!!
Carri, listen to your mother. Seriously. This thing is a serious pest. Yes, it is lovely, but avoid it, trust me!

Natalie said:
I was wondering about those too! I inherited a huge patch of them when we moved in. I like them, but I think I will try to thin them out.
You'll have to dig down deep and get out that carrot. If you don't, they come right back - over and over and over again.

Natalie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It's in a contained area, but I wanted to add some butterfly-attracting flowers there. I should be able to dig a giant hole to remove a good portion of them. I imagine they've been there since the original owner of the house, up to 30 years.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So does this lovely plant produce seed? I would love to send a stamp for some.

Here in the desert nothing is ever really invasive; once the person stops watering the desert returns. We actually adore other folks weeds. :D

Take care, Ron

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ann, what if I stuck it in a container? I'm not going to let this go, am I? :lol:

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oooooooooh my this is the exact plant i have in my garden :lol: , i had no idea what it was, it kinda looks like a foxglove far away.

Latest posts