Please Post Sour Pickle Recipes?

tfpets

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I canned 12 Quarts of pickles this year and gave them all away because they had sugar in the recipe and I dont like them! Ewww.
Everyone I gave them to loves them, but I love a super sour pickle, my favorite store bought are Bubbies Pickles in Brine from San Francisco...I have heard about Ba Tempte Pickles frpm New York, but shipping to California is too much....Anyone wanna help out a too little, too late end of the season Pickle Junkie??? I really wanna give it one more shot?? Please post some Sour Pickle recipes to tempt me? Thanks a bunch!!
Tina/tfpets

mirime

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The pickles I really liked were made from the Dill recipe in the book "Small Batch Preserving" - since I'm at work right now I don't have access to the recipe at the moment.

I'm just guessing that probably the most sour of recipes are the many-day-pickle recipes, which I haven't tried yet.

I'm not much help, am I? ;)

tfpets

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
mirime said:
The pickles I really liked were made from the Dill recipe in the book "Small Batch Preserving" - since I'm at work right now I don't have access to the recipe at the moment.

I'm just guessing that probably the most sour of recipes are the many-day-pickle recipes, which I haven't tried yet.

I'm not much help, am I? ;)
You're almost there!!

I canned the best ones by mistake once! They were no dill, just plain salty and sour, with a pepper and garlic in them. But I cant find that recipe again! (Isnt there a song about that somewhere?)

I figure if I have some good ones to chose the ingredients and instructions from, I'll save them to try, and eventually pick the worlds best for my taste!! MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Let me know if you find one or two to post!!

Tina

Latest posts