Please- what is this?

Addicted2Dirt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
so lucky said:
so lucky said:
It looks a little like an angelina (sp?), but I don't think the leaves are quite right. It's also called summer lilac, I think. When you find out, please let us know, K?
With research, I found that this plant I'm refering to is called summer snapdragon. angelonia. sorry.
That's ok. I think Summer Snapdragon would almost work except one of the hints was that is gets to be around 12 in. by 12 in. Summer Snapdragon gets almost 2 feet I do believe.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The orderly pattern of the leaves reminds me of some of those tropical plants that are being sold for fast summer color, if the buyer is not worried about how much money they spend. But those blossoms! They look like they belong on a tree.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you don't mind me asking, where about in the USA are you? it might help us figure out where it might not be found growing! :p i don't think i've ever seen that at our local nursery. the only thing i can possibly think it might be is some sort of portulaca or moss rose. but the width of the leaves is too wide and the flowers aren't right for it.

Addicted2Dirt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
if you don't mind me asking, where about in the USA are you? it might help us figure out where it might not be found growing! :p i don't think i've ever seen that at our local nursery. the only thing i can possibly think it might be is some sort of portulaca or moss rose. but the width of the leaves is too wide and the flowers aren't right for it.
I'm sorry. I should have specified where I live in my original post. I live in Maine.

Addicted2Dirt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's Hebe. Raspberrry Ripple. I drove there.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've never heard of it either. The Wiki articles sort of imply that it is more of a perennial shrub; I guess it would be an annual in Maine, tho. :/

cmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
cmom said:
Any ideas what this is. We live in North Central Florida.

Since the board won't let me post images or links, I have posted pictures on My Page.

Latest posts