POLL: DO WIVES LIKE DISHWASHERS?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cram all I can into the dishwasher. After spending a lot of time growing the food, canning, freezing, dehydrating the food, dragging it all out and cook the food, making a monumental mess, setting the table, taking the food out of the pot it was cooked in and putting it in a bowl to set on the table, we sit down and demolish it in minutes. Then there is cleaning it all up. YES! YES! YES! WIVES LOVE THEIR DISHWASHERS!

And Marshall, if you get a wife, a dishwasher is just one of those little things that make a happy marriage. I love the sound of the dishwasher! :lol:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally, not so much. There is just something about the 'pre-rinsing' that rubs me the wrong way. By the time I've 'rinsed' everything, I could've added a bit of soap to that cloth and wiped them (washed them). I'd just as soon wash them and be done with it.
Now when there's more than just 2 of us... that's a different story! ;)

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Growing up Dishes was the punishment. Still hate doing them. I married my dishwasher he likes doing them and I let him. Then I love to can but hate washing the jars so I bought a Portable dishwasher to use for canning jars.Used it occasionally then I got a job cooking and use one 3 times a day.
I installed one ,he wont use it, but I will.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
HECK, YES!!! I live in an old house and I have a portable one. It's got a tabletop service the same height as the counter and the stove. When I put in a new kitchen faucet my plumber even found me a cheap hot water faucet--in the "sprayer" space--to use with it bc the new faucet that he had picked out for me has a pull out sprayer. We hooked it up to just the hot water and I use THAT all of the time for hand washing.
BTW, he told me to shy away from ANY faucets except Delta or Moen bc they have parts that can be replaced, and the other ones are not all built that way.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've been with them and without them and we like ours. We have one that sits under the sink and gets used at least 1x a week. Saves a lot of headaches especially when you've got all the dishes from eating a meal PLUS the dishes that went into making the meal. If we didn't have one something else wouldn't get done. Its really nice to load it, run it, and move onto something else that has to be done.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
NO!...like canesisters says you could've added soap to the pre-rinse and been done. I don't like having to pre-rinse, load, the noise, and unloading. I'm a fast dish washer and can beat the machine in a jiffy! :) When we remodeled our kitchen, I was talked into installing one for resale value of the home. (As if I can afford to buy up!) Seldom used it and then it broke. I replaced it with a wine cooler which we LOVE! :cool:

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
There seems to be:

Strong yes's

Strong maybe's

Strong sometimes'

Strong no's

and no I don't care's

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Darling Wife (she's standing over me as I type this) loves her new dishwasher. She says it gives me more time to do more chores around the house. And with spring coming she can get me out of the house after dinner a lot faster. Yeah, she likes it.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love mine, particularly for big meals and company, but I have noticed that the feel of a sink full of hot soapy water does wonders for my arthritic hands. And I can stand at the sink and gaze out the window at the birds while I wash up the dishes. But the dishwasher gives me room to put dirty utensils and bowls when I am cooking, to keep the work area a little neater. Clean up is not so emotionally challenging, that way. ;)

Latest posts