Poor Daddy

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did that for my MIL while she was waiting at the hospital to bring her ill son home. Fearing a visit from Social Services might bring a frown or two at the occasional cob web and dust bunnies behind and under furniture (she was 89 YO). All that work -- scrubbing on my hands and knees, washing walls, ceilings, fixtures and curtains -- went unnoticed by MIL when she returned home. Her only comment was on the fact that someone "moved her curtains" so she new I'd been in the house.:he
I think when they get that old not only can they not really keep up with the cleaning anymore, they cannot see the dirt. I no longer wash pots without my glasses.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
MIL was one pretty fantastic person. At 90 she was asking me how to cook for her ill son on a restricted diet. Not everyone at that age would be open to changing their cooking.

She did have macular degeneration and would have been considered legally blind. I know she didn't see the cobwebs behind furniture or the gunk clinging to the corners, but she kept her house clean and had time to bake for my DH who stopped in every day for a visit with her.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well my daddy FINALLY got moved over to the rehab center of the hospital!!!! Sheesh!!!! took them long enough.... but they wanted to make sure he did not have pneumonia before moving him. Now it the part that is going to kill me...... I'm not allowed to see him until either lunch time or after 3 pm.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well my daddy FINALLY got moved over to the rehab center of the hospital!!!! Sheesh!!!! took them long enough.... but they wanted to make sure he did not have pneumonia before moving him. Now it the part that is going to kill me...... I'm not allowed to see him until either lunch time or after 3 pm.
That is because he has a job to do... get well . They will be putting him through his paces an he won't even be in his room if you stop earlier. :)

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know Carol Dee.... besides that I have stuff to do too. He's already giving the nurses a hard time in his new room. So I know he's feeling better. He's already wanting to leave.....

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Daddy up-date. He had a little set back last week and ended up in critical care unit. His oxygen level dropped and his breathing was labored. He still has a little pneumonia in his lungs, we think it was from him laying on the ground for so long in the cold. He's doing much better today. He's complaining about going home still.... but he knows he cant right now. He was told yesterday, sometime next week,but not given a definite day yet. Guess it depends on his progress with rehab

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Daddy up-date. He had a little set back last week and ended up in critical care unit. His oxygen level dropped and his breathing was labored. He still has a little pneumonia in his lungs, we think it was from him laying on the ground for so long in the cold. He's doing much better today. He's complaining about going home still.... but he knows he cant right now. He was told yesterday, sometime next week,but not given a definite day yet. Guess it depends on his progress with rehab

So he's out of critical care now then? Sorry to hear he had a set-back. Has the flu been bad up your way, Dew? So many people I know have had it down here and just over half of my DH's co-workers have been sick with it this week. I guess the shot wasn't the right one this year. I bet they have the hospitals locked down and limiting visitors.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, today, he called me and signed himself out. He is doing better. He gets around pretty good with his walker.... I just wish he would have stayed to finish his antibiotics.

@journey11 The other day the put revised visiting flyers out in the hospital... no one under they age of 12, and if you had symptoms of the flu you had to wear a mask if you were visiting.
I'm not sure if the flu has been bad around here, so far we have not gotten it.

Last edited:

Latest posts