Poor Daddy

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hope not too steve!!!!! He had a whole pack in his coat, and some on the table at his place. He's been with out for 17 days!!!! He was trying to tell me they were starving him, trying to poison and torture him. He didnt have much of an appetite while he was there, but it was from the iv's and meds he was taking. All I can do is hope for the best.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope not too steve!!!!! He had a whole pack in his coat, and some on the table at his place. He's been with out for 17 days!!!! He was trying to tell me they were starving him, trying to poison and torture him. He didnt have much of an appetite while he was there, but it was from the iv's and meds he was taking. All I can do is hope for the best.
Any chance you could talk him into staying with you for a day or 2? Especially with bad weather in the forecast.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandpa has done that too. Being without his cigs always makes him a very bad patient, I am sure. :rolleyes: This last time he was in the hospital was for COPD w/ bronchitis and they sent him home with oxygen, so he was finally forced to quit. He has smoked since he was 11 and he is 84 now!

Glad your dad is doing better, Dew. Maybe he could take the antibiotics home with him?

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I tried talking him into staying until tuesday.... he was not having it. One thing for sure, when he gets his mind set on something, there is no changing his way of thinking.

@journey11 He was on iv antibiotics, and medicaid would only cover them in the hospital. Since he signed out ama, they could not send him home with any prescriptions. He even lost his chance at any kind of home health care.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@dewdropsinwv Oh Good Grief. I sure hope e will be o.k. and not have a set back due to lack of meds. I am sure he was feeling better, but you HAVE to take the full course for them to be really effective. I am certain you won't be able to convince him of that. So I will add him and YOU to my prayers. Good Luck.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I tried talking him into staying until tuesday.... he was not having it. One thing for sure, when he gets his mind set on something, there is no changing his way of thinking.

@journey11 He was on iv antibiotics, and medicaid would only cover them in the hospital. Since he signed out ama, they could not send him home with any prescriptions. He even lost his chance at any kind of home health care.

Oh no, all you need now is bureaucratic red tape to deal with. :\ That is unfortunate. Let's hope and pray he stays well and won't have to be readmitted.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well he is finding out it's not as easy to do things for himself with a broken hip. He can't carry a cup of coffee and use his walker at the same time. He only had about 4 days of therapy before he signed out. Like he always tells me, "live and learn" I guess he is learning.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well he is finding out it's not as easy to do things for himself with a broken hip. He can't carry a cup of coffee and use his walker at the same time. He only had about 4 days of therapy before he signed out. Like he always tells me, "live and learn" I guess he is learning.
Still learning the HARD way I see. :rolleyes:Hang in there. I will be thinking about you.

Latest posts