Pork tenderloin

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ork-loin-with-honey-mustard-sauce-recipe.html

We did this 1 year with it. Was very good.

However my thought was to smoke it too.

Here's what Id do.....Smoke the loin with an even mix of hickory & apple wood. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, and a mix of assorted roasted veggies includingcarrots, onion, mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash. Also pass around the bowl with a simple cranberry chutney. Meal like this you could serve with red or white wine and dinner is served. We're eating at 6 ;)

Super easy cranberry chutney recipe:

Cranberry Chutney
Serves 6

12 ounces fresh cranberries
3 oranges, peeled
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped

Toast nuts in a 350 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. In a food processor, pulse cranberries, oranges, and sugar until finely chopped. Pour the cranberry mixture into a bowl and stir in half the nuts. When ready to serve, sprinkle the other half on top of the cranberry mixture.

The chutney recipe is compliments of Stacy Harris

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I second Journeys meat thermometer suggestion. I have a simple one that kid#2 gave me a few years back. Not because I was poisoning anybody, I requested it. :D It's nice to be sure you've cooked your meats long enough.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cut chops out, beat them, then dredged in mix of garlic. salt. pepper, flour, then egg wash, then bread crumbs. Fried tenderloin. It was good. Stll have more to bake. It is huge!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this folks. It's been a trying time for our household lately.

Personally, I don't do pork tenderloin. It's simply too dry for me. It can be cooked to tender, but requires a lot of care. Quite frankly, it just doesn't have the taste of a good pork butt...and boy does that look bad when you read it :eek:

If I were to be forced to cook one, I would smoke gingerly for about an hour at 275, the crutch it with foil and apple juice at the same temp until it hits 165-170 internal temp.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I have a meat thermometer around here somewhere. Obviously it's not something I use a lot. Maybe I better get one. I have underbaked a lot of chickens.
My mom was raised very poor (depression times) and getting meat was pretty unusual. The cuts they learned how to cook were the cheaper cuts that needed a lot of cooking to make them tender. So she really never learned to cook an expensive cut of meat. She would fry the devil out of a steak, and make shoe leather. Same for fish--cook it till it shriveled up.
So I guess I have a good excuse for over cooking, but then I overcompensate by undercooking.
Hmmm. A meat thermometer may solve that problem.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I smoke pork tenderloins on my Weber grill. I put coals on one side, when ready, I put the meat on the opposite side. Use tongs to rotate, if punctured with fork, you'll loose a lot of the juice. I have done the same with pork loins, really have to watch them closely, very easy to dry out. They continue cooking after you pull them off the grill for a bit.

Latest posts