Post Your Favorite Crock Pot Recipes

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just used my slow cooker the other day. I had bought a pork shoulder on sale, less than $2 a lb, so removed it from its vacuum pack, trimmed off a TON of its fat, then cut in half and placed on a bed of sliced onions in the pot. Topped with 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce, salt and ground pepper. Cook on high for min of 6 hours. Spoon off as much fat as you can from the top of the pot. Then removed meat and shred with a fork and your fingers. Strain out onions to use.

The meat has made us BBQ with extra sauce over rolls, burritos, and next will be some meat with a packet of gravy over noodles. YummY!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made lasagna today with Greek yogurt ...

Since I have never done that before and couldn't find a simple recipe that didn't have a half dozen vegetables, which we didn't have, I used a ricotta cheese/mozzarella recipe subbing out the ricotta cheese.

Intended to use it but decided it was risky using the slow cooker. Put it in a casserole dish and in the oven. Greek yogurt lasagna is delicious! And, imma chicken ...

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My crockpot is the original Rival crockpot. The crock doesn't lift out for cleaning, have to be careful when washing it. I got it when I was 17 years old......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My crockpot is the original Rival crockpot. The crock doesn't lift out for cleaning, have to be careful when washing it. I got it when I was 17 years old......
...not be TOO old...
That's what I mean!

These new-fangled things aren't like the old ones! They won't last. Two sticks you rub together - that makes a real cooking fire. Put some water in a hole, drop some hot rocks in it ... now you're cooking!

Kids these days ...

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what I mean!

These new-fangled things aren't like the old ones! They won't last. Two sticks you rub together - that makes a real cooking fire. Put some water in a hole, drop some hot rocks in it ... now you're cooking!

Kids these days ...

Steve
:yuckyuck

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it all started with throw away razors and lighters. We become use to using something a short time, throwing it away and replacing.

Latest posts