Post Your Favorite Crock Pot Recipes

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
This looked like such a good idea, I made it yesterday for dinner (with rice)!

My problem was that I didn't read far enuf in the recipe to see that it required spinach, and a lot of it! After I started to make it, I learned about the spinach! I had the choice between beets, bok choy and cauliflower ... went for the cauliflower.

Today, I asked DW if it was good enough that I should save the recipe. She said that it was good but I should leave out the cauliflower, next time ... Shoot! So much for trying to be creative. Next time, spinach. (Good thing I don't have any of that edible amaranth.)

:D Steve

Sorry about that.. I should've listed all the ingredients first.. :oops:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just added Hidden Valley ranch to my grocery list for Friday. Should the chuck roasts be the thick kind?

Mary
yes around 2" thick, prefer one that does not have a lot of fat... depending on how many people you are feeding 3--3.5 lbs roast is good, theres 4 of us here and we always have leftovers.. love finding it in my lunch box during the week < yes in a container >..

dw will pull it out and use a couple forks and pull it apart and remove the fatty parts out...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
last nights balsamic crock pot roast....
DSC_0013.JPG

it was very good 4.5 out of 5 stars.....
the only things we changed was putting in the carrots and hour before being done, and thin sliced green onions 30mins before done<white part only.> we like our veggies firm.
the only disappointing part was the balsamic vinegar flavor, both agreed on that. we were out of monari federzoni aged balsamic vinegar and dw bought another type. after reading the label it's made in the same region of italy as the aged but, it's made from concentrate,color added and not aged.

looks like we are going to whole foods sometime soon, it's the only place we can find it...

true balsamic vinegar from Italy will say somewhere that it's certified and have a Italian ministerial licence number on it...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have missed the balsamic vinegar boat, I guess. I know nothing about it.:(
Major, maybe you could order it on line.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am making roast now as we speak 1 problem already I bought the hidden valley ranch in bottle instead of dry packet. Can I use that or need to make supermarket run ?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am making roast now as we speak 1 problem already I bought the hidden valley ranch in bottle instead of dry packet. Can I use that or need to make supermarket run ?

I'm sure it's too late for your roast today Nyboy, but I would bet that you need the dry mix.

Latest posts