Post your Vegetable Garden Pics

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gorgeous guys!

Strawberries are looking good for everyone. Even ours are covered in flowers, but we're expecting a frost & we have a freeze warming for tomorrow night. :/

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trunkman, those gardens are beautiful!! Can't wait to see updated pics later in the season- if they look that great now! Happy Gardening!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was able to do a little work in the garden yesterday. Managed to get several raised beds ready for planting, as well as a flowerbed and a washtub (for lavender), too! LOTS MORE WORK TO BE DONE!!

I had to cover the beds with whatever I could find to keep the roosters from kicking out all of my freshly prepped soil!

Strawberries will be going in the far left bed, that currently features A ROOSTER! :rolleyes:

6a00d8341c2d2753ef014e602b5e50970c-800wi

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Miss Daisy, your yard looks like tons of fun!! I think your idea of using those baskets for your squash, was absolutely inspired! The plants looked incredibly healthy and the baskets were too cute! Love your rooster- maybe you should name him "strawberry!"

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's my brand spankin' new 2011 garden pics

7129_sam_1330.jpg

7129_sam_1331.jpg

7129_sam_1332.jpg

was turned over last year, and waiting for things to dry up a bit and we'll get it ready to go. Its 55 x 45 and when people ask what I'm planting I tell them its easier to tell you what I'm NOT planting in it! :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Jared- what aren't you planting in it?? Looks like a great spot- looking forward to seeing it growing!
Reminds me of a question people ask me- "how many hours do you have to work to have a garden that big?" My reply, "all of them!" Happy Gardening!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Miss Daisy, your yard looks like tons of fun!! I think your idea of using those baskets for your squash, was absolutely inspired! The plants looked incredibly healthy and the baskets were too cute! Love your rooster- maybe you should name him "strawberry!"
Thanks Lesa! It was really fun last summer ... though, this year we'll be running a soaker hose style of watering in the new beds we're assembling. I can't tell you how many hours I spent in total last year just watering. I enjoyed it, but when I left town for a week, it was too much for the 'mister' in the house to do, along with all the other farm chores that he's left with when I'm out of town.

Those roosters are pests... the silly guys! They just love me...dance for me, show me bugs and grass and other things they think I might find of interest. I guess I should be flattered to get so much attention, right?! Haha!! :D

Jared, I'm looking forward to seeing your garden come to LIFE!! What a plot!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
Here's my brand spankin' new 2011 garden pics

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7129_sam_1330.jpg

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7129_sam_1331.jpg

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7129_sam_1332.jpg

was turned over last year, and waiting for things to dry up a bit and we'll get it ready to go. Its 55 x 45 and when people ask what I'm planting I tell them its easier to tell you what I'm NOT planting in it! :D
Make sure you show us pics as it grows! Nice sized garden! :D

Latest posts