Pressed logs

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother said he wants to buy us an early Christmas present, a pallet of pressed logs. They are 8 pound logs, supposed to burn long and hot, and clean. Anybody have any experience with this? I do not want to upset him and say why not just buy a cord of wood instead. It seems expensive, but I am not sure and are they safe?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once lived in a two-story house that had been converted to electric heat. It had a fireplace in the living room.

Our heating bills were terrible. The "open space" remodelling that had been done included removing the doors to the stairwell. Downstairs heat would shoot right upstairs which would be toasty warm. Downstairs was chilly! I found doors to replace what had been removed.

The fireplace was plenty large but most of the heat never seemed to make it into the living room. The hearth was quite shallow but it could hold a small, cast iron stove. The very best fuel for that little stove was the pressed logs. As far as I know, they are the same as the pellets.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We tried of the logs out and WONDERFUL! The woodstove is in the living room and between there and the office is the kitchen and the laundry room. The office is always cold, lots of big windows and we use an electric wall heater and there is a bathroom off the office and has an electric heater, which makes our electric bill go up. The night we tried the pressed log, later we came in the office and it was WARM back here. My brother and DS took some old pallets apart and built a frame to stack the logs and my brother loves to work and be busy. He will be 64 this month. He enjoyed our Christmas present. lol. He was sawing and measuring and using electric drill. He likes the woodstove and sat around watching the logs burn. DS and I will be buying a pallet of these each year to go with the other firewood. I will be able to put one of those logs on in the morning and warm the office and put one on at night and will burn longer.

Latest posts