Price increases and shortages

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will be spared of that next year. I won't have a garden, as I'll be putting the farm up for sale. Instead, I will have a garden well disced up with the tractor on a regular schedule, so that prospective buyers won't see the bodacious weed patch that I grow. The ragweed and lambs quarters attain the size of small trees, mustn't let them show their selves and scare off a buyer. :gig

So I shall live vicariously on here, looking at everybody else's pictures. I'll patiently wait on yours, so make sure you post PLENTY.
What? Your boy won’t you let you have a garden? Did u explain who the parent is, your age, and that we can be cranky IF we so choose...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What? Your boy won’t you let you have a garden? Did u explain who the parent is, your age, and that we can be cranky IF we so choose...
The sheep will have the back, the back yard area is too shady and will have trailers and my tractor and his parked there. The front must be kept clear for vehicles. Just not much room. Believe me, that boy does love him some of momma's home canned veggies and pickles. If there was a place for one, I'd have it. But there will be friends with gardens, so we'll see.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I buy bread I put it in the freezer then thaw in the refrigerator and sometimes just keep it in there til its used up. Helps to keep longer.

when we bake bread we usually put some loaves in the freezer that will keep long enough (months sometimes) for us to use them up. we keep bread in the fridge and that may keep up to a month or so. we rarely use store-bought breads but once in a while we make garlic bread and toast and so we buy French or Italian bread (depending upon what we're making or what is available). the store-bought Italian bread loves we bought this past week for making garlic bread were pretty blah for taste and texture but since they were going to be doused with butter and garlic salt and roasted a bit it just doesn't matter that much.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My store is pretty full. There are a lot of things out of stock, but available to order on line. I started using Amazon for a few things. I never look at the bead section, except a couple of years ago DD was interested in essential oils and I made a couple of bracelets. I bought a lot of fabric last year when things did get kind of scarce and they came back and when they had good sales.
Well, someone must have complained, because I was at my Michael's today, and they were pretty well stocked. Someone has even started offering little bags of glass beads, which work as a sort of sub for the arcs (it's all Chinese stuff now, and most of it still isn't of interest but I found a few bags with a few cute things .

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dairy and oatmeal have gone up again. Store brand milk is $4 a gallon. I remember being appalled when organic was $4 a few years back. A big container of oatmeal was $1.59 for the cheap kind and the expensive was $3-4. Now it’s $3.50 for the cheap and nearly $8 for the expensive kind. Chicken and dried beans have doubled or more in price since July and so have most other staple foods🙁

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m beginning to halfway seriously consider getting a young milk goat.
IF you have not done that on a regular basis, might want to reconsider.....:idunno

Go work for a dairy, see how long till the “fun” wears off... wait till the goats find every perceived hole in the fence and believe the grass is GREENER on the other side. & that your vehicle was meant to be stood on.....