Price increases and shortages

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Electric is made mostly from fossil fuels. Talk of stupid decisions by our “leaders”.

yeah, sure. just because you don't like it doesn't mean that's how it goes everywhere and all the time.

the PNW uses hydropower to a large degree. sometimes during the day in CA a large percentage of their power is generated from renewable energy. the same for Texas and this is continually changing and improving.

i don't consider it a poor decision at all - i'm 100% for renewable energy supplies.

if you want an actual national average right now it is between 21-23% of the energy is renewables. projected to increase by 2% this year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it 2025 or 2035? In Cali traffic jams, what happens when batteries die? I get hybrids but pure electric is asinine.

they have wreckers with energy sources. you know, batteries, generators, cables?

Of course we are talking politicians and people in Cali where common sense left the state decades ago. They are the golden children.

you complain about me being insulting and yet you go on and insult 41 million people.

Are people just going to cross state lines to buy a gas car? This is beyond insanity. Kind of like Cali firms buying carbon credits from farmers and believing that justifies their pollution! Cali and LA are the 2020 version of ancient Rome. They’ve banned morality and won’t give ups their pleasures, instead rob from other states.

you hate people because they want a different kind of life than what you think is right. it's a free country and the people in CA have voted for and consistently wanted something different than fossil fuels. they aren't going back to "the good old days".

right now they are getting 33% of their energy from renewables. in an hour or two that percentage will be even greater. [edit to say that at 12:38pm it's about 60%) the 5th largest economy in the world is doing just fine with their plans. some problems for sure, but as time goes on they're improving. which is much better than what fossil fuels will ever do other than create a lot more pollution and more costs with every bit of it that is burned.

Last edited:

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My brother sent me this natural gas article. It is mainly talking about Europe and UK but I think we will feel more fingers in our wallet than we expect:

I went and looked up the market since I have 2 stores using nat gas heating. Wow!
Screenshot_20220827-095559.png

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Electric is made mostly from fossil fuels. Talk of stupid decisions by our “leaders”.
I think a big problem is that a lot of the people in alternate energy want, and believe there is, truly "free energy". That is, energy that not only is so infinitely renewable that it doesn't cost anything (like solar, or wind, or hydroelectric etc.) but that also has no costs in terms of the equipment needed to collect that energy (in other words, they want total subsidizing of things like wind turbines, hydroelectric plants and solar cells, WITHOUT increased taxes to pay for it.) AND they want the process to be totally pollution free and have zero waste. That just isn't going to happen. Even when and if the world DOES all flip over to electric or otherwise renewable energy vehicles, the environmentalists will just pivot to how much pollution is made MAKING those vehicles, and the environmental degradation caused by the transportation itself. They'll move from demanding personal vehicles banned in favor of mass transportation, to mass transportation banned in favor of returning to animal power, to animal power banned in favor of walking everywhere, and finally to walking being banned in favor of forcing everyone to stand perfectly still for their entire lives.

Or maybe we'll do like Robert A. Heinlein suggested in "The Roads Must Roll", and replace all of the vehicles with moving sidewalks.

Latest posts