Price increases and shortages

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Where can I get some large mouth canning lids? The ones on A that are cheap, are just that - cheaply made with lots of failures.
And they are from large asian nation. I got lucky and found some at Chinamart earlier this year, but I am boycotting them and A from now on. Try Dollar General, Ace Hardware, Uline, to name a few.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
401’s, IRA’s and independent financial services, & stocks aren’t insured. They can go bankrupt after CEO’s etc, pull their money. That is reason we need FBI to prosecute the politicians (& their family/friends) who profit by making changes before the rest of us know. They should not be allowed to make changes after Bill is written and after 30 days after passing.
Banks are insured. If Government doesn’t back money, you can’t pay taxes or loans, so you will still be foreclosed on.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does anybody think that we are headed for the mother of all depressions?

I subscribe to a variety of news letters and the financials are getting extremely nervous.
Yes, or worse. I am not sure what is going to happen, but really, I do not talk to anybody who does not think something bad is going to happen. It goes from depression, to civil war, to crop failures from cold weather, to Bible endtimes. I do not know what to believe, but I am preparing the best I can. It will be interesting this week with my brother and his job and see if they get parts. I did a little shopping today and stores packed with people and stores stocked full of supplies. I saw no shortages of anything.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This would be a good time to move out of cities to a more rural area, if possible.

Banks now own your deposits and can scalp your money to pay off creditors. Laws were passed after the last “too big to fail” bank failures, to let the federal government off the hook and make you responsible for their bad management. Your retirement accounts, 401K, IRAs can also be scalped by the government. This whole tax the rich mantra, will hit you next. The rich will simply move their wealth in ways and avenues not accessible to middle class. In order to give free everything to the masses clamoring for handouts, it will have to come from somewhere. Taxes will go up on the rich, to punish them for being successful, then the rest of us. The rich will become anybody with a job, anyone with a lifetime of financial responsibility, anyone with savings.

Y’all might not be feeling it yet, but the southern border is wide open. The border wall was stopped, but must still be paid for, building it or not. The roads built for patrolling the border are now under control of drug cartels, on OUR SIDE OF THE BORDER. It has gotten beyond insane. We have friends with a ranch right next to the King Ranch and illegals are crossing through their ranch. It is bad and rapidly becoming worse. They are being turned loose into our country, being bussed to other states and cities. You are not seeing the real truth on the news.

Our immigration laws need an overhaul. It is out of control. I’m not being political, I’m being real. Anyone who is still living in LaLa Land, needs to become aware and take steps to prepare for themselves and their families. Who will pay for all of this influx of people who need everything? The American tax payer. Better raise taxes on the rich!

None of this is meant to incite anger, start a political argument or hurt anyone’s feelings. It is what it is, and right now, at least, it ain’t so good.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced rising land prices? Here in Texas, prices are in the stratosphere and they keep going up. Raw land in our area is now bumping $25,000 per acre. We paid $65,000 for our mobile home and 8 acres 7 years ago. We put in a lot of work, building barns, fences and improvements. We could sell it now for $250,000-$300,000 or even higher. Value? Inflation? Is our money debased that much? Is supply and demand making the land values sky rocket by galloping leaps and bounds? I think it might be a combination of all. How are young people to buy a home and meet the payment?

What are land prices doing in your area?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
What are land prices doing in your area?

they haven't been going down much at any point while i've lived here - even the 2008 problems didn't do much. i keep looking.

there's nothing putting downward pressure on land values and as long as farmers can make $ growing food that won't change.

we have enough rains most years that irrigation isn't needed, we have the infrastructure in place to ship most things around the world, populations aren't decreasing, more people are eating too much meat, etc.

oh, and i forgot to mention. money is very easy now. very low interest rates. i don't expect to see very high interest rates again in my life-time. the government has a huge vested interest in keeping interest rates low as long as there is so much government debt.

Last edited:

Latest posts