Price increases and shortages

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Sounds good. The Brother Dual Tray that Maybe I will get now, has a high yield laser toner that prints up to 8,000 pages, ~125.00/each.
Toners never really get old and dried up.
INK JET INK DOES, just fyi.
Just don't want you hitting your head on the wall when you wait 3 years to print and it doesn't work.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use 3 printers-don’t ask..... HP B/W-generic toner is $10 for 3,000 copies. Canon color-second I bought-toner is ~$100/set for bunch of printings. Last HP ink jet because I used it in truck-laser doesn’t work there.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our HP has decided it doesn't want to work anymore, and of course we have a stash of unused color ink cartridges for it. If anyone's HP inkjet printer uses 61 color cartridges, I'll be more than happy to send them along. No guarantees on condition or age.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
often you can get an old cartridge to flow again, but it may take some effort. i don't use the ink jet printer here often enough to keep it flowing well but as of yet it hasn't given up on me completely either. when it does i have two other printers to try out that people have given me and it can go to the recyclers.

sometimes rubbing alcohol and q-tips can get it to flow again, sometimes i've heated up water and soaked the end in that for a few minutes and then dried it off well again and then done the q-tip thing to get it flowing again.

i usually spend more time and paper getting the cartridge working properly than i do printing. i may print 50 pages a year and it seems that half the time i'm printing printer calibration and testing sheets to get it working well enough.

a laser printer would be nice but i just don't print enough for any purpose to justify having one.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought some extra plastic zipper bags at Costco. I reuse my bags (since they were invented back in the early 80's) and so don't go thru very many. But with the prices going crazy, and an extra four boxes, I'm set for a couple of years now.

I bought another large jug of laundry detergent liquid. I should have enough for a year now. Back in Jan 2020, right before I went to India, I stocked up on hand soap liquid on Xmas clearance for 25 cents each. I'm about done with them, so I'll need to find some more.

Did I already mention alcohol? 90% is now available so I stocked up. It keeps forever. Same with peroxide as long as its in an opaque container.

Bleach. Opaque container.

Canning supplies are short short short. On Rebel canners on FB they say that Dollar General got some in. But not yet in So. Oregon, per the manager.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been slowly stocking Folgers 'Simply Smooth' coffee which is reduced acid, which is better for me. Not always easy to find, but the local grocery started carrying it, and we've been snagging at least one per week.

Do you think a dozen in storage is too much? :weee

not if you tell your good friends. :)

Latest posts