Price increases and shortages

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I’m not buying. Money will go into an account. I’m moving into a house my son has. I don’t know exactly where I want to be, I’m taking my time. I can wait for prices to come down, I’m in no hurry. Son also has 35 acres he said I could build on. So I have options.
Reading that has made me happy. I was really pondering on your next move. You got this no worries 🍜🎂❤️

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m not buying. Money will go into an account. I’m moving into a house my son has. I don’t know exactly where I want to be, I’m taking my time. I can wait for prices to come down, I’m in no hurry. Son also has 35 acres he said I could build on. So I have options.
35 acres should house 1-2 sheep. Maybe room for a plant or two as well.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Once or twice a week, we go to discounters for hunting 50% off items. This evening is again a good hunt.

Milk (best before December 6), turkey, shrimps, scallions, spinach 😁
P_20211202_194546_1.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And they immediately became the food for today.

This morning, the shrimp shells were chopped and became part of the chicken feed.

I used the shrimp heads to make a broth for Japanese Miso-soup. After boiling 10 minutes for extracting the umami, I drained them a bit and brought them to the chickens - they are crazy about those warm afternoon tea snacks. 😍

As for the shrimp, they will be used in the fried rice for dinner, with zero waste.

631.jpg

A miso soup with fresh shiitake mushrooms, tofu, scallion, and seaweed.
632.jpg

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

This morning, the shrimp shells were chopped and became part of the chicken feed.

I used the shrimp heads to make a broth for Japanese Miso-soup. After boiling 10 minutes for extracting the umami, I drained them a bit and brought them to the chickens - they are crazy about those warm afternoon tea snacks. 😍

As for the shrimp, they will be used in the fried rice for dinner, with zero waste.

View attachment 45934

View attachment 45935
Recipe? It looks delicious!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
So...DD thought that there was a shortage on onions. I Found them, bought maybe 12 pounds, and froze them as 3 large onions in quart bags, and double bagged them in another 2 gallon bag. SAME small freezer with ice cream, and I COULD SMELL THE ONIONS!!!
I TRIPLE bagged them to get rid of the smell!!:sick
WHO would have thought this.
NO problem with the sweet peppers that I also froze, which were from the last garden harvest.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I feel bad for the farmers.
I heard an interview last week about shortages and their expert said that farmers got ahead of this. Even the onions I complained about were again available. There Should be minor food shortages, but farmers have been working very hard since last summer to make sure that we get products.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
So...DD thought that there was a shortage on onions. I Found them, bought maybe 12 pounds, and froze them as 3 large onions in quart bags, and double bagged them in another 2 gallon bag. SAME small freezer with ice cream, and I COULD SMELL THE ONIONS!!!
I TRIPLE bagged them to get rid of the smell!!
Mmmm, onion ice cream. Hopefully using plain vanilla as a base, to let that pungency really shine through. :sick If that turns into a fad, we know who to blame. Do I "smell" the next TikTok challenge? :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

View attachment 45934

View attachment 45935
Yes! Recipe? That looks delicious!

I give shrimp shells to chickens too, they love them.

Latest posts