Problem with lily plants

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is strange, I have never seen it before. They are my lilies in the front flower bed. They have been in this location for years. Any ideas what is happening?
1654990016333.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is strange, I have never seen it before. They are my lilies in the front flower bed. They have been in this location for years. Any ideas what is happening?
View attachment 49479

have you had any kind of lawn service done lately? (herbicide damage?)

if not i suspect the bulbs may be dying off and being eaten by fungi. this may not be the end of them completely as they may have some small bulblets still there around them for the coming years. once they've stopped growing you can lift them and check it out and see what's going on. perhaps they've been too overgrown and aren't getting enough light now? all guesses and i hope the plants aren't lost for good.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
have you had any kind of lawn service done lately? (herbicide damage?)

if not i suspect the bulbs may be dying off and being eaten by fungi. this may not be the end of them completely as they may have some small bulblets still there around them for the coming years. once they've stopped growing you can lift them and check it out and see what's going on. perhaps they've been too overgrown and aren't getting enough light now? all guesses and i hope the plants aren't lost for good.
I did some weed killing around the outside of the bed (creeping Charlie) A good 3 ft. away from plants. No damage to others in that area. We did have a serious vole problems this spring. That took out MANY of my Hosta completely and a few partially.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What herbicide did u use? It’s not touching old growth but attacking new growth. Round up resistant weeds look like that. Turns new growth pale but plant recovers and regrows. Lillies are very resistant to roundup.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks Seed.
What herbicide did u use? It’s not touching old growth but attacking new growth. Round up resistant weeds look like that. Turns new growth pale but plant recovers and regrows. Lillies are very resistant to roundup.

Latest posts