Questions About Rabbits

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, if you are going to bite the bullet and get an animal, get a few chickens. At least you would have eggs. You said something awhile back about raccoons getting your chickens, gonna have to beef up your coop. BTW, they would get your rabbits too.

I know you are not going to raise baby bunnies and eat them, so don't get a pair of rabbits or you will be overwhelmed shortly.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your question about them living through winter comfortably would be yes. Rabbits handle cold a lot better than heat. They just need a good hutch, something to keep them dry and out of the wind.
Also, I don't know of the significant differences between male and female temperaments, but like a lot of other creatures the male is probably a little more laid back. What I do know is not to have two males together or in real close proximity, because they spray urine all over the place. Live and learn experience speaking. :rolleyes:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So what does "show quality" mean? In high costs of living area's $40 is probably cheap. Here, it had better have WON State Fair! If you want a pet, go to rabbit show. You can probably buy the #3 rabbit for $10. Winner for $40. Plus you can see quality of his lines and not just one exhibit.

Latest posts