Questions to Ponder

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any event that amounts to something spawns conspiracies. Sometimes they are directed at individuals - ideas that are just cut from the whole cloth ... so to speak. Some things become distorted with retelling and a new conspiracy is invented.

Forms of gossip but there may not be grain of truth to them. This was written well over 100 years ago:

"Take a grain of falsehood, a handful of runabout, a sprig or herb of backbite, a teaspoonful of don't you-tellit, six drams of malice, a few drops of envy. Stir well and let it simmer for an hour. Add a little discontent and jealousy and strain through a bag of misconstruction. Cork in a bottle of malevolence, and hang it on a skein of street yarns. Shake it occasionally for a few days, and it will be ready for use. Take a few drops before going out for a walk, and you will be certain to succeed."

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
The worst was a woman I know, who constantly complains about her husband, even though he leaves work--he is the breadwinner--all of the time to help her do Her job, and I don't hear His complaints against her. She took this stupid FB quiz, where she lists her husband's name to a picture that says something like, "My husband, 'John Smith' is a pain in the axx 156% of the time, but I love him anyway."
I posted, "Wow. (my husband), 'John Doe' has never been a pain in the neck or any other body part."
Instead of letting it go, she posts, "96%."
Airing family dirty laundry, and none of My business, but I get to read it. I go on FB maybe every 2 weeks, and hit the obligatory "Like". It isn't the same as when I "Like" a post here on TEG.
Very trashy post and FB posts are pretty much floating out in the Internet forever.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This is sort of a trivial problem, but here goes. You all know I'm trivial, anyway.
On facebook, a lady I friended then "unfollowed" because she puts silly annoying stuff on there all the time....I found out that this woman has started "gifting" people on their birthday, by posting on facebook a portrait drawn by her. These drawings are gawd-awful, and look like a demented person drew them. Eyes are cockeyed, laugh lines and wrinkles are exaggerated, chins disappear and hair....well....(think light socket). She posts them side by side with a real photo, usually a nice, flattering photo, of the victim...I mean birthday guy/girl. People are probably shocked but their responses are kind, usually just a thank you.

So, of course, my birthday is coming up fairly soon, and I am dreading my surprise portrait from her. I can't believe no one has reamed her out yet. I don't think I will be the one to do so. I may just say something like "Gee, I see you are enjoying your cartoon drawing hobby" or something similar. I know this is petty, but I hesitated putting my pic on there for years. And a month later.....ACK!
What would you do? Grin and bear it?

So, next thing.....If you get a sore throat and cough and chills, would you contact the doctor regarding Covid-19 testing, knowing you can't get the test where you live? Tom Hanks and his wife just announced he tested positive, by the way.
There were actually a lot of celebrities that were tested positive. here in the Philippines, the politicians are the ones getting hit by the pandemic.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some results of data gathered and optimism from what may have been the earliest state with covd 19 patients.

Washington, Seattle Times

"... the surge in hospitalizations has not emerged, thanks in part to social distancing measures and restrictions on elected surgeries."

Of course, the competition and distribution of hospital equipment is especially sad: "State officials have been procuring PPE from private and public sources, including the Strategic National Stockpile. Since March 16, the state has acquired and distributed nearly 400,000 N-95 masks, a fraction of the 31.6 million it has ordered."

And, start with how this played out from the beginning: "How many have already been infected? Tens of thousands of tests have been run, but nowhere near enough to map the virus’ full spread."

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to use photoshop to create one of those altered photos that LOOK like a drawing - and post YOUR attempt next to hers.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We go to Montana to buy 190 proof Everclear pure grain alcohol. I recommend do not try it straight, we use it in our apple pie moonshine recipe.
Bacardi 151 is a highly alcoholic rum brand discontinued by Bacardi Limited of Hamilton, Bermuda. This is known for its alcohol proof level of 151, that is, alcohol by volume of 75.5%.

Latest posts