Questions to Ponder

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Idaho now has more confirmed cases than Oregon.

Oregon has 3 times the population.

How many people have been tested in Idaho? How many in Oregon? What is the criteria to be tested? How long from being tested to you get results? I have not looked it up, I don't know.

To me testing is a huge flaw in the system. We don't have enough tests and test kits to be able to know where we actually stand. We had a big jump down here Monday and Tuesday in confirmed cases. Part of that is that we finally got more test kits. Part of it was that we did not get many test results over the weekend, they came in Monday and Tuesday.
I don't know how the experts can tell what is really going on when we have failed to have enough test kits or ways to get the results quickly.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is the problem, everyone is speculating based on flawed numbers. In news, they say the rich of Cali are buying up Idaho and other less populated areas so maybe they are messing with your numbers. Leaving Cali, infected going to uninfected areas. Theory with NO data to back it up...... (Has anyone else lost the ability to access imoges?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Curious. Sometimes it will let me, other times, like now, all options unavailable.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might have an update waiting to install, either in your operating system, or your anti-virus. That has often caused my computer to act oddly or run slow, so my first response is to restart & check for updates, which usually fixes the problem.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How many people have been tested in Idaho? How many in Oregon? What is the criteria to be tested? How long from being tested to you get results? I have not looked it up, I don't know.

To me testing is a huge flaw in the system. We don't have enough tests and test kits to be able to know where we actually stand. We had a big jump down here Monday and Tuesday in confirmed cases. Part of that is that we finally got more test kits. Part of it was that we did not get many test results over the weekend, they came in Monday and Tuesday.
I don't know how the experts can tell what is really going on when we have failed to have enough test kits or ways to get the results quickly.
How many people have been tested in Oregon? Oregon State Health Authority says 17,434

How many in Idaho? 8,870 tested in Idaho, Idaho State Health Services

What is the criteria to be tested? There is a cute public answer to this: tests are administered on a patient-by-patient basis. Of course, healthcare people and first-responders are a priority.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is sort of a trivial problem, but here goes. You all know I'm trivial, anyway.
On facebook, a lady I friended then "unfollowed" because she puts silly annoying stuff on there all the time....I found out that this woman has started "gifting" people on their birthday, by posting on facebook a portrait drawn by her. These drawings are gawd-awful, and look like a demented person drew them. Eyes are cockeyed, laugh lines and wrinkles are exaggerated, chins disappear and hair....well....(think light socket). She posts them side by side with a real photo, usually a nice, flattering photo, of the victim...I mean birthday guy/girl. People are probably shocked but their responses are kind, usually just a thank you.

So, of course, my birthday is coming up fairly soon, and I am dreading my surprise portrait from her. I can't believe no one has reamed her out yet. I don't think I will be the one to do so. I may just say something like "Gee, I see you are enjoying your cartoon drawing hobby" or something similar. I know this is petty, but I hesitated putting my pic on there for years. And a month later.....ACK!
What would you do? Grin and bear it?

So, next thing.....If you get a sore throat and cough and chills, would you contact the doctor regarding Covid-19 testing, knowing you can't get the test where you live? Tom Hanks and his wife just announced he tested positive, by the way.

This woman is not your friend or anyone else's for that matter. Tell her that her funny drawings are not funny, they are insulting and no one but her likes them. You don't have nice and act like you like it, when really you don't.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might have an update waiting to install, either in your operating system, or your anti-virus. That has often caused my computer to act oddly or run slow, so my first response is to restart & check for updates, which usually fixes the problem.
On iPad. Do have an update wanting to install. Restarting did not help. Curious.... Neither did updates being installed.

Last edited: