Questions to Ponder

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bar soap , hand soap, bath soap. All soaps are good for handwashing. I believe better than the squirt hand sanitizers. I do carry one in my purse but only use it when soap and water are not available.
Monday is errand day with my 92 yr. old MIL. We WILL NOT be taking her to grocery store, etc... She wants to get out. We will bundle up and go for a WALK OUTSIDE. It could be weeks/months that I will not take her to public places. She has asthma and COPD.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW & I are both in the vulnerable category, so will be taking precautions,. The first case of COVID-19 was diagnosed in our county, so we will be severely limiting our social interactions. Which won't be that difficult, since Walmart & many local businesses have closed their doors due to the outbreak. Fortunately we have enough food & medicine that shopping will be unnecessary. Our church is severely restricting personal contact & canceling all activities outside of mass; but to judge by the coughing today, even masses may end up being canceled.

Since our adult children began their own lives, we have all gathered together nearly every Sunday for family dinners. Tonight will be the last one until this crisis has passed. :(

My main concern now is my job, which as of Friday, intends to continue business as usual. With all schools now closed in Wisconsin, half of the workforce may be home tending their children... and with several employees openly coughing as of Friday, some of the remaining healthy employees may choose to call in rather than risk their health. It would not surprise me to walk into a ghost town tomorrow. If the company doesn't respond to the situation by sending coughing people home, I may choose to stay home as well... with or without pay.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
well we have seen everclear and high proof rum, but the rum was so horrible even us kids would barely touch it. Mom didn't even have to worry about storing it in a low cupboard without a lock it was that bad. the only time we would drink it was like on a dare after a few other shots of something much better or something like that...

i think a really good way to get your hands clean is to go work in the dirt in a garden. :)

I have several bottles of Devil's Spring Vodka lying around (I use it to make extracts) that's 160.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bar soap , hand soap, bath soap. All soaps are good for handwashing. I believe better than the squirt hand sanitizers. I do carry one in my purse but only use it when soap and water are not available.
Monday is errand day with my 92 yr. old MIL. We WILL NOT be taking her to grocery store, etc... She wants to get out. We will bundle up and go for a WALK OUTSIDE. It could be weeks/months that I will not take her to public places. She has asthma and COPD.

:hugs

hugs to everyone if you are vulnerable or caring for someone who is...

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
New York State Liquor Store Association notified liquor stores that they have been deemed an essential business and may remain open.

So states an ABC news reporter.

I was in a store today. Went down the infant aisle. No baby wipes on the shelves.

;)

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is sort of a trivial problem, but here goes. You all know I'm trivial, anyway.
On facebook, a lady I friended then "unfollowed" because she puts silly annoying stuff on there all the time....I found out that this woman has started "gifting" people on their birthday, by posting on facebook a portrait drawn by her. These drawings are gawd-awful, and look like a demented person drew them. Eyes are cockeyed, laugh lines and wrinkles are exaggerated, chins disappear and hair....well....(think light socket). She posts them side by side with a real photo, usually a nice, flattering photo, of the victim...I mean birthday guy/girl. People are probably shocked but their responses are kind, usually just a thank you.

So, of course, my birthday is coming up fairly soon, and I am dreading my surprise portrait from her. I can't believe no one has reamed her out yet. I don't think I will be the one to do so. I may just say something like "Gee, I see you are enjoying your cartoon drawing hobby" or something similar. I know this is petty, but I hesitated putting my pic on there for years. And a month later.....ACK!
What would you do? Grin and bear it?

So, next thing.....If you get a sore throat and cough and chills, would you contact the doctor regarding Covid-19 testing, knowing you can't get the test where you live? Tom Hanks and his wife just announced he tested positive, by the way.
Dreading it? And they are all bad? Block her so you dot see it. But, they are all bad....

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three mild cases in our county. Pregnant DD and Evelyn still not staying home, but being careful. Her husband works. DS still has to go to work, but it is getting very slow there. DB, he said some woman came to work a week ago coughing and they sent her home and she came back the next Monday wearing a mask. They sent her to be tested but doctor said just go home and isolate. DS before this happened put in for his vacation time which starts April 3. I have been home mostly but went shopping for groceries last week and to the park with DD and Evelyn. We stayed in the yard today without jackets to get sun. I need to go shopping with DS tomorrow and then I may stop going to the store and let him, but what is the difference? If he got sick going out then he would bring it home to me and same as my daughter and her husband.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You just have to hope that who ever gets sent out into the world will be careful of surfaces, etc. Now they are saying the virus can stay alive on cardboard for.....4 hours, I believe?
When I'm at the gym (now closed) I carry around a little stack of paper towels saturated in the disinfectant solution to wipe my hands and also to wipe down the machines before and after I use them. So I was thinking we all could carry around a wash cloth saturated in bleach water or something better smelling if there is something. I worry about catching it from door knobs or touch pads than from being in someone's cough spray.
I am just recovering from having the flu, so defenses are a little down, but lucky me, I am already taking Chloroquinine, or what ever they are calling it. So if I get it, maybe it won't last long. I have been in hibernation for two weeks, so.....(Did I say I'm going nuts?)