Quotes and thoughts for the day

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee your pictures are disappearing...

Might it be because they are especially large and the server is limiting them after a short while?

Could it be our own internet service?

Could it be because our devices are not capturing enough information while the page is downloading?

I was looking at some images recently that were on webpages from 2018. Some, in a series of images, would only partially load. I changed devices. There was no impoverishment.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see that and have no idea why!

you are linking to pictures from other websites so you have no control over how long that link stays valid. :(

your most recent picture is linked from "scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net" which has no home page to identify it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Might it be because they are especially large and the server is limiting them after a short while?

i'm not sure where the pictures are being hosted/stored. i do not think it is TEG because @Carol Dee is linking to the image and not uploading it.

Could it be our own internet service?

Could it be because our devices are not capturing enough information while the page is downloading?

no, i don't think it is that.

I was looking at some images recently that were on webpages from 2018. Some, in a series of images, would only partially load. I changed devices. There was no impoverishment.

yeah, that does happen at times where a picture gets corrupted. :( i don't think that's happening in this case because they are pictures that have been recently posted.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
impoverishment
Ha ha!

No, it was impoverished ... dang autocorrect!!!!

ʇɔǝɹɹoɔoʇnⱯ
🙃

Steve
🥴

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
you are linking to pictures from other websites so you have no control over how long that link stays valid. :(

your most recent picture is linked from "scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net" which has no home page to identify it.
That might be it. I sometimes just copy an image on another page them come paste it here. I am going to try saving it to my photo files then putting it here. See if that helps.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That might be it. I sometimes just copy an image on another page them come paste it here. I am going to try saving it to my photo files then putting it here. See if that helps.

if that is a file on your local computer then it won't make any difference (in fact it may make it worse). if on the other hand your photo files are on another website and they are publicly accessible then that would likely help a great deal (until your photo files are moved or lost or ...).

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
if that is a file on your local computer then it won't make any difference (in fact it may make it worse). if on the other hand your photo files are on another website and they are publicly accessible then that would likely help a great deal (until your photo files are moved or lost or ...).
"sigh" I wish I knew more about computers (electronics in general) !

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
"sigh" I wish I knew more about computers (electronics in general) !

things keep changing all the time. in recent years there have been these things called content providers, which are associated with the cloud. does that make sense to you? probably not... :)

but before there were such things it was up to each website to provide both the content (articles, images, and the pages which make up a website) and the machines and capabilities behind the scenes which kept the website running and also stored the content.

so with content providers now the hosting aspect (running the website and feeding the requested pages to anyone who asks for them) can be done by one company and the storing of the content can be done by another [some of these will provide multiple buffers even closer to the higher volume areas that request the pages and images to help speed things up and to help reduce congestion].

really, it's all ones and zeros and different sizes of connections which move it all around - plumbing (electrical, optical, radio waves)...

Latest posts