Quotes and thoughts for the day

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240110_084836_Chrome.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Edgar Bergen : Poor Mickey. Cheated into trading his cow for a handful of beans. What a mean trick. Swindling an innocent farmer out of all he owned and lying to him telling him that the beans were magic. Planted in the light of a full moon. Ashamed to decieve a simple little peasant. Magic beans indeed. Light of a...
Charlie McCarthy : Bergen! Bergen!
Luana Patten : There's something moving!
Edgar Bergen : Why, yes. Well, maybe there is some magic in them. Well, let's all keep quiet and see what happens.​

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Edgar Bergen : Poor Mickey. Cheated into trading his cow for a handful of beans. What a mean trick. Swindling an innocent farmer out of all he owned and lying to him telling him that the beans were magic. Planted in the light of a full moon. Ashamed to decieve a simple little peasant. Magic beans indeed. Light of a...
Charlie McCarthy : Bergen! Bergen!
Luana Patten : There's something moving!
Edgar Bergen : Why, yes. Well, maybe there is some magic in them. Well, let's all keep quiet and see what happens.​
You, know, while I saw Mickey and the Beanstalk, I have only ever seen it as the short itself, so I never knew about the Bergen McCarthy intro until I started listening to recordings of the old radio show (and never SAW it until a few months ago).

Latest posts