Quotes and thoughts for the day

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210826-145115_kindlephoto-9457492.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This poet wrote a poem for each of the days following 9/11. They are being posted on poets . org website, and others, one at a time. This is the first day:

Screenshot_20210910-080322_kindlephoto-684533289.png

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This poet wrote a poem for each of the days following 9/11. They are being posted on poets . org website, and others, one at a time. This is the first day:

View attachment 43728
Do you find the above a little depressing?

Maybe the weather is having an affect on many of our thoughts.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Maybe the weather is having an affect on many of our thoughts.

i'm more resilient, i don't allow reflections on the past to drag me down.

IMO the depressing issue is that while the 9/11 attacks killed people and disrupted the lives of many it now holds only a minor comparison to the current epidemic. both were preventable, both were failures of government and leadership, both however are not the same in terms of effects and ways of moving forward.

i should also note that i don't let this get me down either. more often now i just tell people they're being idiots and then i move on.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i'm more resilient, i don't allow reflections on the past to drag me down.

IMO the depressing issue is that while the 9/11 attacks killed people and disrupted the lives of many it now holds only a minor comparison to the current epidemic. both were preventable, both were failures of government and leadership, both however are not the same in terms of effects and ways of moving forward.
Powers beyond our control. I am really trying not to acknowledge all if these problems that are occurring constantly.

It's hard enough coping with people's mind set right now. So aiming to keep too myself with my animal's in hopes it doesn't affect me as much as I am aware it could.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Of course it is. But, the experience was a traumatic one across the U.S.

Yesterday was filled with public remorse but we must remember that difficulties, even on a national scale, are not just "our" problems. Feelings as victims may justify vengeful actions when the difficulties of the innocent may be the result. Two wrongs don't make a right.
failures of government and leadership,
Let us remember and value our democracies. That means, we make decisions on government and our leaders. Turning away from that for purposes of security, comfort and profit won't bring us any of that over time.
in hopes it doesn't affect me as much as I am aware it could.
There you go. Worry ruins the day and stands a good chance of not preparing us for the future, anyway. Learn Learn Learn from the past. It was real and imagining that it was something other than what it was, leads to a society founded on myth and some sort of continuing demand for unconsciousness, an accepting of orthodoxy.

Rather, find Joy in discovery. Whether it be the first primrose of spring, learning what that odd, old building in your neighborhood was used for, or a new way to prepare a potato :).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave
And keep on thinking free.

the Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Of course it is. But, the experience was a traumatic one across the U.S.

Yesterday was filled with public remorse but we must remember that difficulties, even on a national scale, are not just "our" problems. Feelings as victims may justify vengeful actions when the difficulties of the innocent may be the result. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Let us remember and value our democracies. That means, we make decisions on government and our leaders. Turning away from that for purposes of security, comfort and profit won't bring us any of that over time.

There you go. Worry ruins the day and stands a good chance of not preparing us for the future, anyway. Learn Learn Learn from the past. It was real and imagining that it was something other than what it was, leads to a society founded on myth and some sort of continuing demand for unconsciousness, an accepting of orthodoxy.

Rather, find Joy in discovery. Whether it be the first primrose of spring, learning what that odd, old building in your neighborhood was used for, or a new way to prepare a potato :).

Steve
Thank you for your positivity :)

Latest posts