Quote for today:

Attachments

• Bonnie-Prudden-100-Uplifting-Quotes.jpg
    Bonnie-Prudden-100-Uplifting-Quotes.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 71

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

History keeps her secrets longer than most of us.
But she has one secret that I will reveal to you.
Sometimes there are no winners at all.
And sometimes nobody needs to lose.

~ John le Carre

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my purpose and thought for the day this morning was to have tapioca pudding to hold me over until i made breakfast - since there was only one banana left and i would normally have it with peanut butter, but we also had ice-cream so i made a banana split and put the peanut butter on that.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
my purpose and thought for the day this morning was to have tapioca pudding to hold me over until i made breakfast - since there was only one banana left and i would normally have it with peanut butter, but we also had ice-cream so i made a banana split and put the peanut butter on that.
🤔 I thought I was greedy but then there was a @flowerbug :love

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carl L. Becker, President of the American Historical Association 1931:

Berate him as we will for not reading our books, Mr. Everyman is stronger than we are, and sooner or later we must adapt our knowledge to his necessities. Otherwise he will leave us to our own devices, leave us it may be to cultivate a species of dry professional arrogance growing out of the thin soil of antiquarian research. Such research, valuable not in itself but for some ulterior purpose, will be of little import except in so far as it is transmuted into common knowledge. The history that lies inert in unread books does no work in the world.

Latest posts