Rabbit Bedding

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wasn't my hutch, but a photo of one like it ( I still can not post photos) when I meant up to bears, bears are only one who could rip threw hardware cloth. This is at city house, biggest predator raccoon maybe coyote .

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gotcha. :) If the hardware wire is well applied, even sandwiched between boards would be better, it should do just fine. I've had more simple hardware wire construction rabbit cages get knocked down and torn open by a 35 lb dog before...they just pounce on them over and over, crushing the cage until the wire pulls apart at a seam or metal rings open up along those seams and they can get a nose in there to snatch a rabbit.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hardware clothe might. But wood, staples, nails $ screws aren't bear proof...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone told me once that the best way to test a pen (chicken, rabbit, etc) was to feed your dog a hotdog - then let him see you put the hotdog in the pen. Lock it and walk away. Come back half hour later, if the hotdog is still in the pen, it's 'generally' predator proof.
;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it is, it's severely mauled. If not, it's destroyed. :).

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Someone told me once that the best way to test a pen (chicken, rabbit, etc) was to feed your dog a hotdog - then let him see you put the hotdog in the pen. Lock it and walk away. Come back half hour later, if the hotdog is still in the pen, it's 'generally' predator proof.
;)

What a waste of hot dogs!!!!

THANX RICH

Latest posts