Raccoons eating my corn-where are you experts

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Except 2 legged ones......
My daughter and family lived with us for 3 plus years while building a house. Parents, twins, my dog and her 3 big dogs. My dog passed, the big dogs are gone to the new house in our hay field. I am all dogged out. I would love to find a barking animal deterrent, heat sensored, sans real dogs.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big barky dogs that BITE.
People with evil intent will not let even a pack of dogs slow them down. Doped up food, shoot them, etc…..

IMO, a mean dog towards people is a problem waiting to happen. Innocent will get bit, evil will be prepared. I tell people not to worry about my dog, it’s me they need to be wary of…..:plbb:celebrate:celebrate

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not true with geese. Geese don't like steak and are Very Territorrial.
I had geese (long story) they made sure they alerted anyone within 1/2 mile if anything new happened. They chased my MIL from garage to house once. She was 5’ and over weight but she moved when they came. They chased her while flapping their wings and honking like Satan himself was there. I about died laughing.

Not sure why people fear geese. Other than being noisy and messy, they are harmless.

farmerjan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Except 2 legged ones......
The right kind of dog and the 2 legged ones will stay out or not get out without some serious damage. Checked on my home owners policy to make sure I am covered against lawsuits by IDIOTS that think they can come in and steal things and possibly get bit or mauled by a dog.....I am tired of all the problems... will have my 2 acres at the house fenced this winter I hope, and a dog by next year.

farmerjan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, geese are good too... but they will not chase the deer out of the garden or the fruit trees. And geese will bite if they are provoked... some are very territorial... they hurt when they get ahold of you. No, they won't be lured by a steak but they can also be shot.
I have a sign that says something to the effect of don't worry about the dog, beware of the dog's rabid owner...

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The right kind of dog and the 2 legged ones will stay out or not get out without some serious damage. Checked on my home owners policy to make sure I am covered against lawsuits by IDIOTS that think they can come in and steal things and possibly get bit or mauled by a dog.....I am tired of all the problems... will have my 2 acres at the house fenced this winter I hope, and a dog by next year.
You have people stealing food? Put in an electric fence. They are pretty cheap to install.

Latest posts