Rain finally!

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
And none too soon either! After nearly 4 weeks, we finally had a decent rain yesterday evening around 7:30.

Around here we'll often have a dry spell for 2 or even 3 weeks in late August. But usually by September there's plenty of rain.

In the past 4 weeks we had one small drizzle on a Sat about 10 days ago...not enough to relieve anything after being dry for 2 weeks. And that was it until yesterday. It poured a flood, thankfully!

We've been watering, watering, watering. We have late field peas and butter beans trying to fillout - and Fall crops started. We needed rain, bad. Even our pastures we looking quite dry.

watsonlane

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Seems to be everyone is begging for some rain! Here in the panhandle of Florida is DRY, DRY, DRY. My family grows peanuts for our living and they are even having a hard time getting them out of the dirt on the vine still. Watering that crop isn't an option so we need to be praying for rain!!!!!!!!

pharmerphil

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
well folks, no shortage of rain here in Minnesota, it's been raining every day or so, for the last month and a half...this rain storm started last evening about 4 p.m. and it hasn't quit since, we have gotten 4 1/2 inches so far, and it's raining heavily now...:(
south and west of Us by about 25 miles they have gotten 7" in this storm

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Congrats Kim, we still have no rain here... again more then 4 weeks since the last even sprinkle! Its been really bad. I have nothing sprouting, its in the 90's all the time, and my fall crops appear to be failing me this year. I can't seem to count on the sky gods. :/

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You'll get rain in the back country before we see it on the coast. It clouded up a couple of times recently and i did my rain dance but it didn't work. Back to shaman school I guess.

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Whilst I haven't seen this ritual, I am told by a local guy in the village, that they have a rain ceromony.

the whole village take their children, and apparently you must use one boy and one girl. They sit them outside on a table and have them croak like frogs. This is supposed to bring the rain, and supposedley dates by to Mayan times.

Now some months ago, when we were desparate for rain, the children in the village are all pretending to be frogs, and two days later we did get a little rain - coincidence :idunno

Latest posts