Rain finally!

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I remember visiting my uncle in CA....about 20 yrs ago (he died young)....during the dry summer season. San Francisco, water was on ration. We saved bath water to water the plants around his little patio/yard and small water pond.

We made a day trip to the 'wine country', Sonoma County - or maybe he called it the 'river country' - anyway, they had rain, it was lush and beautiful there. We visited 3 wineries, sampled lots of wine and champagne :) and ate lunch.

Update: we have rain that moved in overnight. Supposed to rain all day, and for 2 more! Heavy thunderstorms for tomorrow (Monday) with flash flood warnings already issued. Yippeeeee! :weee

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm so jealous! It has been about 2 months since we've had any more than a sprinkle, and that's only happened about twice. We're about 6" under for the year, and that's after being way OVER in June. But there is a pretty sure shot for a rainy day tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see something.... :fl

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
After two solid days of steady rain (no actual hard storms here), we finished with 4 inches, followed by a nice sunny day yesterday. Everything is greener already! Thanks you, Lord!

Hope everyone else in need gets some soon.