Rain rain go away go someplace that needs you

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
We've actually had pretty 'average' rainfall in SE IN. The temps, however, have been ALL over the place!
I know, those of you Indy and south are not sharing. It's NOT VERY NICE!!!!!! Don't know how many fronts went across Illinois only to hit the state line and head straight to Michigan.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collector said:
It will be hard to see thru this cloud cover. Looks like this weather will be with us awhile :( :( :( :( :( :idunno
I know... what gives with all this rain? Yesterday I was sweating bullets pulling weeds ( not my own unfortunately ) even got a sunburn. And I thought," well it's finally warming up and I'm gonna die when it actually gets above 78!"

Then today I wore a fleece vest and a sweatshirt all day, and got thoroughly soaked because I didn't pack rain gear, because I figured the weather guy was all wet, and the showers would be spotty at most. Dang, I hate it when I get it wrong!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Deb you scared it away... sun was out for a few mins then another inch or 2 fell again...I wish I could send it to Texas where you really REALLY need it...If we could figure out how to funnel it to places that need it there would be no famine...there are places in this world would love to see moisture fall from the sky...

My yard is much too wet to work in so I still have seedlings waiting to be planted...and being in New Hampshire if I dont get them in this week they may not make it before first frost...but will try anyway and I dont have crop insurance...and the government dont pay me to not plant certain crops...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably all of us in this corner of the world are just trying to keep our heads down today. The storm Thistle' talked about blew into Montana and circled right around and came back at us from the north!

If Heather is still away from her NW Montana home, she can probably count herself lucky!

Thistle', I was sweating tying strings around the tomato plants the day before yesterday. How is that for a strenuous activity??? It was all of 73. When everything is said & done, I guess it is all in what we are used to . . .

I should be used to 30mph winds but the driving rain adds that additional element to it that I find a little intolerable. I got the chicken coop cleaned yesterday and would like to get the litter out to the garden. I'm afraid it will all blow away before I can get it into the compost! Maybe I should wet it down before trying to dump it out of the 5 gallon buckets :/.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Maybe I should wet it down before trying to dump it out of the 5 gallon buckets :/.

Steve
You could just leave the buckets out in the open for 5 minutes Steve! I ran out early and took care of the animals and came in soaked!
I guess I should be glad for the day off, I can spend it cleaning house :rolleyes:.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
Deb you scared it away... sun was out for a few mins then another inch or 2 fell again...I wish I could send it to Texas where you really REALLY need it...If we could figure out how to funnel it to places that need it there would be no famine...there are places in this world would love to see moisture fall from the sky...

My yard is much too wet to work in so I still have seedlings waiting to be planted...and being in New Hampshire if I dont get them in this week they may not make it before first frost...but will try anyway and I dont have crop insurance...and the government dont pay me to not plant certain crops...
:hide ok, i will go back to my corner and hide now. :(

at least it was nice most of the day today. then just before leaving work the clouds started moving in again and just before i hit home the skies started to open up again. gggrrrrr.....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Steve, did you know that there's new snow over there on the local mountains? Around Bunco, just a bit higher.

It's starting to feel like the twilight zone around here!

Latest posts