Rain rain go away go someplace that needs you

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't doubt it, Thistle'. I was looking real carefully at the drops falling on the windshield at one time today - trying to see if it was sleet. It was only 43F at mid-day today!

I was just telling someone how Early Girls were a step up from the Sub-arctic tomatoes I had to grow out in that country.

I do NOT want to go back to growing Sub-arctic tomatoes. I do NOT. I do NOT. I do NOT.

S'

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's kinda funny Steve. I put in 4 store bought tomatoes,
( I don't know why, it's not like I didn't have enough of my own starts :rolleyes: ) 3 Sungold and 1 Siberian. I bought the Siberian out of sheer sarcasm. Figured it would feel right at home.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Thistle', I was sweating tying strings around the tomato plants the day before yesterday. How is that for a strenuous activity??? It was all of 73. When everything is said & done, I guess it is all in what we are used to . . .

Steve
Steve / thistle, I'll trade your 73 degrees and give you 96 with with 80% humidity - which it was on Tuesday - the first day of my stay-cation. thankfully, it will be 90 degrees and cloudy today which is just right for weeding the garden.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It snowed on top of Mt Washington the other night...we are having partly cloudy skies today and that strange orb is back...

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
It snowed on top of Mt Washington the other night...we are having partly cloudy skies today and that strange orb is back...
We have a very pretty veiw of Mt Washington from our house if it is clear in both places. There is nothing more pretty then looking out into our yard and seeing green vegetation and then looking off into the distance and seeing white on the top of Mt. Washington. It happens rarely, but is a beautiful sight to see. Of course lately, it has been far from "clear skies" in either place.

I'm not sure what that orb is...but it really hurts my eyes it is so bright! :D

Latest posts