Rains in CA....

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have enough Californians, thanks! :hide

(just teasing all our loverly california members...but it is WINTER here now so ya'll better think long and hard about that land swap!)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did I hear a Liberty Bell ring ..

. all the way from the Keystone State?

:)

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have enough Californians, thanks! :hide

(just teasing all our loverly california members...but it is WINTER here now so ya'll better think long and hard about that land swap!)
I'm too busy gardening and basking in the warm sun afterwards to think about looking for land. :cool:

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so glad you all got rain in California! The things we see on TV about the long term effects of the draught are scary! Just a few more dry years in California, and some unseasonable weather in the rest of the country could really wreak havoc with our fresh food supply.
But just like I said, this next growing season is going to be just right for all of us! :fl

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are some very old trees in California. Some very old tree rings in them for gaining an idea of what past growing seasons have been like.

I'm a little concerned about commercial media wanting to panic us, however.

California is a wonderful place. We have our Texans talking about "having it all." California, too! It may be a little smaller but that just makes the "all" more accessible.

There is plenty in California. Plenty of people, too ...

Ya know. Being in the "empty quarter, fly-over zone" isn't too bad. It's okay not to get too much attention but, it's a little odd.

Take a storm moving out of northeastern California. California is a big place and that's their empty quarter. Anyway, Boise can pick up that storm for awhile on it's radar. Then, as it moves a little further north, it disappears!

Oh yes, the WS can look at it from a satellite. It just doesn't show up on radar until Washington's Tri-cities pick it up. I don't think they can figure out how to turn the radar on in Pendleton ..:).

Steve

Latest posts