Range wars

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't need barbed wire. All I expect is a simple line fence with a lower weave that will contain his dog(s) from using my land as a bathroom. T-posts and 4" x 4" mesh wire that's 3-4 feet high is good enough for me. It is not a fence I will see unless I mow or walk in that area.

For the neighbors, however, this fence will be seen every day and a constant reminder of what they will forever think was stolen from them. If they prefer a neater looking fence, I'm good with that as long as they pay the difference in costs. I would like space left for making a future gate since they said they plan to sell once the dispute was settled. There's no reason the next neighbors won't be friends.
Did I read that right? They plan to sell after the dispute is settled! HURRAY!!!! They can not get moved fast enough to suit us. ;)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am anticipating the Judge will either order them to have the survey they started finished (He was angry that they stopped anyway) or we will share the cost.

Because I believe the neighbors REALLY DO think they owned the land, I am hoping that the Court order along with a survey and fence will cement in their heads exactly what they do and didn't own. I really don't think they would move the fence now that the case has been adjudged. Like a new fence will stop the dog from wandering too far from home, I expect the fence will be an accepted part of everyday life for them once it is in place -- at least until they sell and move.

In one letter from their attorney, he stated that they did intend to sell, but couldn't until the case was settled. At the time I thought their attorney expected me to jump at a settlement in order to have them gone. I really didn't think they would move. I still am not too sure, unless the Mr.'s age and health become a factor. She is a bit younger than Mr. B and she's the one who has the horses.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am anticipating the Judge will either order them to have the survey they started finished (He was angry that they stopped anyway) or we will share the cost.

Because I believe the neighbors REALLY DO think they owned the land, I am hoping that the Court order along with a survey and fence will cement in their heads exactly what they do and didn't own. I really don't think they would move the fence now that the case has been adjudged. Like a new fence will stop the dog from wandering too far from home, I expect the fence will be an accepted part of everyday life for them once it is in place -- at least until they sell and move.

In one letter from their attorney, he stated that they did intend to sell, but couldn't until the case was settled. At the time I thought their attorney expected me to jump at a settlement in order to have them gone. I really didn't think they would move. I still am not too sure, unless the Mr.'s age and health become a factor. She is a bit younger than Mr. B and she's the one who has the horses.
Sellin is often just a tactic.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought the problem could be resolved by a fence. Now I fear the gentleman is unstable and anything is possible from that standpoint. Threatening me or mine is going too far.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too bad your state doesn't have a stand your ground law. Or a castle law, basically that means someone on your property after dark that threatens you........ BOOM! !

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think you really need to get that camera purchasing done quick. even if it is a handheld till you can get a game camera. on the game camera, you might want one that has night vision too.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too bad your state doesn't have a stand your ground law. Or a castle law, basically that means someone on your property after dark that threatens you........ BOOM! !
Wisconsin does have the Castle Law. New within the past three years -- along with concealed carry -- with Gov. Scott Walker's term.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is easy to say that it is legal to carry a gun and use it if threatened. The emotional repercussions if it came to this would be one that many people could never fully heal from. Sweet gentle Red. I would back off until the fence goes in.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Stay back as I suggested. Only problem with a trail camera is you need to take the memory card out and upload the pics/video. If he's watching he may see you swapping out the cards.

Check the range, and night vision options and the angle of view before you invest in one

Latest posts