Range wars

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, we are all with you. Your husband might not be with you because of his condition, but if he could, he would be leading the charge. Once in the court room, look to the left, look to the right and look behind you. You will be surrounded on all sides by your TEG family. We got'cher back.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, I feel your pains, not because of neighbors but the health issues of husband. I'm glad you have family near by. My Dad had same issues, killed him and my Mom. Take care of yourself. The land issues mean nothing. If your kids are like me and now my kids, material things don't matter, so enjoy your time together. Let court decide, move on.

I don't type this glib and there is a strong possibility that I will suffer same problems as very strong genetic chance on my paternal side.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree, @seedcorn. Things are not important. Family is. I had that change of focus when my son's first born died at 2 1/2. That is when I started discussing retiring to spend time with my family.

The main reason I'm pursuing this land case is because in the charges, they accuse my spouse (and me) of lying, stealing, lawbreaking, land grabbing and cheating. All are relatively easy mistakes they made from false assumptions they held, but now that they should know the accusations are untrue, they now are pressing suit for some of our land, still accusing DH of wrong-doing. I refuse to let public records stand that defame this wonderful man of character and good deeds. I may be losing bits and pieces of him, but his good name is not negotiable.

The best I could get out of this case would be a groveling, but public apology to DH. In lieu of that, I'll settle for the land we've owned for the past 40 years legally back in our possession.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Understand that as I would be similiar. Your neighbors opinion of me wouldnt matter in the least-they seem like trash. Do what is right, just spend 0 time worrying about it.

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
If your husband's disability is a matter of official medical diagnosis (non compus mentus?), I highly doubt that he would be allowed to testify in this case

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, @britesea, not a matter of official medical diagnosis and I am far from considering that step. He is fully aware that his speech is often garbledy-gook, but can't find the words he wants. A person who is non compus mentus wouldn't realize what they're doing or saying isn't right. Testifying would be more than embarrassing to him, it would be heart-breaking for the both of us and probably would thrust him into a dangerous spiral of despair. As it is, I am spending more time than usual in propping his feelings up.

Nope, I would probably give them the land before I would subject my spouse to that.

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Be careful, you could end up losing ALL of your land. If they win, they won't just get the land; they will ask for legal fees, and possibly even mental anguish and all the other c*** that lawyers squeeze out of a lawsuit so that the winners (and their lawyers) get more money. I really think you should get a lawyer.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Smart Red, i tend to agree with britesea, you need to think about getting a lawyer to protect all your property. bad things happen to good people all the time. isn't fair, isn't right but it happens
i hate what you and DH are having to go thru. i was an rn for a lot of years and always use to say i didn't know which worse, a body that worked and a mind that didn't or a mind that worked and a body that didn't then i had to watch my sister and her DH go thru the trials of dementia and he was very aware and frustrated by the fact that he couldn't say or remember things. it is so painful to watch someone you love have to go thru that... hugs

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am praying for you. Please protect yourself! We all stand with you.

Latest posts