RED Trumpet Vine seeds

Crazy4Chicks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I got my seeds WOW there is so many in there I thought the envelope would bust open THANK YOU there are so many seeds I am going to share some with my mom and a friend of mine who is 73 and can grow anything LOL

I do have one question I have never seen seeds like these - how do you get them started ? I know that sounds dumb , but I know some plants are picky on how they get planted.

I am so looking forward to getting these started I have a spot all ready in mind and I have an old iron head board that looks like a trellis ( you know those old style headboards - I find it for free white with the paint kind worn and cracking and so old country farmish looking LOL )

Julie

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Julie, Here's some links I found (that were on BYC)

http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=cara2

http://flowergardens.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_cold_stratify_chill_seeds

Propagation
Propagation Material: Seeds
Seed Collection: Gather ripe capsules when they turn brown but before they dry and split open (between 2-3 months after flowering). Remove seeds from pod air dry and store in sealed refrigerated containers.
Seed Treatment: Stratify 30-60 days at 41-50 degrees.

I hope this helps! Mine seem to grow wherever a seed falls!

Crazy4Chicks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you for the links - they were great for alot of information - now I really cant wait to get these planted. I cant believe how many seeds you got in that little envelope !

thank you
Julie

Birdgardengal

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Can Trumpet Vines be placed around chicken coops? I think that would be really pretty growing up the side giving shade to the chicken coop. I hope I am not to late. I would love to start some seeds this spring. Thank you.

citygirlinthecountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm with Beefy. I have wild orange trumpet vine growing on an old dead tree. The pods are too high for me to reach before they split and dump seeds. I spend most of my summer digging the runners out of my flower beds and gravel driveway.
Be careful and only put this where you REALLY want it.
It's really pretty though!

Latest posts