Rescuing Free Plants

EKYHomesteader

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
If you read in my other thread about how I burnt some of my tomato plants up with fertilizer--- I have a new conundrum. I got some free plants at a greenhouse closing upper the season. They are in bad shape. They are alive, but very yellow. I brought them home and watered them with some MiracleGro and now fingers crossed they will green up.

Should I keep watering them or go on and set them out in the garden? I think they can be saved, but need work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
as i don't usually need yet more projects around here, i'd pass unless i could get them for free or nearly so.

if i can use the pot/potting soil for something else.

with it being very hot now i don't expect a lot of transplants to thrive.

and it's going to depend a lot upon what kind of plants.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where are you located? You need to enter the location in your profile.

Personally like Flowerbug, annuals are not worth the effort. Maybe perennials but they would need to be cheap to be worth my hard work.

Mary

EKYHomesteader

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am located in Zone 6a in Southeastern Kentucky. It was tomato plants. I got them free. Its a gamble, but if they make anything I will have some to can and if not I am out a few hours caring for them.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am located in Zone 6a in Southeastern Kentucky. It was tomato plants. I got them free. Its a gamble, but if they make anything I will have some to can and if not I am out a few hours caring for them.
Yep, tomatoe plants are worth it. They don't need much care.

Mary