Rhubarb

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My rhubarb blueberry pie is a keeper! It was worth staying up until 11 to sample it, and if I didn't have to skedaddle to work I'd be tempted to linger here with a piece of pie and another cup of coffee. The breakfast of champions! Right Steve?

Oh, @ninnymary, Marie Callender makes a pretty tasty Razzleberry pie, which is probably close to what your fruits of the forest was.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
No Thistle, I've tried that one. Doesn't even come close. I just don't like the crusts on their pies or store bought ones for that matter. This fruits of the forest pie has a real homemade like type crust . I used to take it to potlucks and people thought I made it. I first tasted it at dinner at a friend's house. I thought she had made it also.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife buys store made pies. They are terrible and need to be renamed to imitation pies.

Ok thistle, you are breaking rules. No pix, no recipe, NOTHING! Your penalty? Send me a slice.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha, my mother bought store made pies. We were innocent little children and didn't know any better. We thought they were good. Otherwise, we never got pie. My mom was not known for her cooking. I left home and couldn't cook a thing.....sure didn't want to learn from her!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife buys store made pies. They are terrible and need to be renamed to imitation pies.

Ok thistle, you are breaking rules. No pix, no recipe, NOTHING! Your penalty? Send me a slice.

Okay Seed, watch your mailbox, it's in a legal size white, er...bluish purpley...envelope. I kinda had trouble getting your address to show up, but the envelope was so sticky I didn't even have to lick the stamp!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay Seed, watch your mailbox, it's in a legal size white, er...bluish purpley...envelope. I kinda had trouble getting your address to show up, but the envelope was so sticky I didn't even have to lick the stamp!
Ok, you are forgiven. Wait, mail lady will never deliver...... Bet she will have sticky fingers and blue tongue tho! Foiled again!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Carol Dee and @Gardening with Rabbits - Thanks so much for the recipes! Oh they both sound delicious! The shower is June 8, 35 are invited, I think I will do both! OK, I won't lie, DH is doing the cooking.

Well, I didn't get to make the rhubarb desserts for the shower. Mom insisted on bringing brownies and SIL, lemon bars, and with the cake we were going on dessert overload. But I WILL be trying your recipes before rhubarb harvest is over this year!
(And - holy cow - bridal showers are a lot of work. :th)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Lavender2 Lucky me, I have never hosted a bridal shower! Mother of sons. Nieces took care of each other. I hope you do try the custard cake, it is GOOD. :)

Latest posts