Rhubarb

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My folks could never get it to survive Kentucky heat. Can try, not the end of the world if it doesn't.

Assume you've eaten it? Had preacher from Tennessee who never had it. Wife made a pie, gave it to them. They did not like it.
Never tried it, send me a pie. :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I think is really happening here is that Bays latent Northerner is trying to emerge, hostas...rhubarb...I bet she dreams of Icicle radishes, Snowpeas, and Iceberg lettuce too!
tee hee smiley.gif

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have grown Icicle radishes and have red tipped iceberg lettuce growing in the garden now.....it better hurry up, it's getting HOT! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just had a slice of store bought blueberry pie. That pie should be an embarrassment to whomever made it. Our rhubarb pies are gone or that could have been with my morning coffee . . .

I like pie crust but not this one. The filling is fine. So, I sliced a banana over it and poured milk in the bowl! It took a couple minutes for the milk to soften (& de-flavor) the crust. Good!

I bet your pie was better, @thistlebloom :).

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I bet your pie was delicious!

Steve, the only store bought pie that was great was by Sarah Lee, fruits of the forest. It was a mixed berry pie. It looked and tasted like homemade. Of course my store doesn't carry it anymore. :(

Mary

Latest posts