1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Donation Requests - Support Sumi's Health Recovery Fund - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Ringo’s Lambs! Baymule’s 5th Lambing

Discussion in 'Gardening With Animals' started by baymule, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Oct 8, 2019
    baymule

baymule Garden Master

Ringo is a registered Katahdin ram that I have been in love with for quite awhile. When his owners Mike and Teresa, said on BYH that they were going to sell him, I lost no time claiming him for my own. It took some time for them to breed him one more time, find another ram, make arrangements with us, and off we went to Tennessee to go get him.

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/ringo-has-moved-to-texas.39396/#post-602408

Ringo’s first TEXAS lambs! Little Cutie had twin ewe lambs. I put a purple spot on one so I could satisfy myself they were both suckling. They were born October 3, 2019.

[​IMG]

Mom is busy licking off the purple spot! LOL

Miranda Lambert had twins October 5 2019, both boys. They are strong and vigorous, up, know who their momma is. I watched Little Cutie’s lambs follow a chicken, Baa-baaing. Dummies!

[​IMG]

Lily had a splotchy colored single, white, black and brown Sunday night, 10-6-2019. I left her alone right at dark, went back 30 minutes later, there was a beautiful lamb, up and sucking. It was dark so had to wait until this morning to get a good picture of it. Lily is brown, her parents are both white Katahdins. Her mom, Lady BaaBaa has a spot on her ear like Ringo.

It's a girl! WHOOP! This one is a keeper! Her color is so gorgeous. Ringo's previous owners had a ewe give birth to twins when we went to pick him up, colored just like this one. I asked them to name her for us and they chose either Aria or Sansa. We picked Aria.

Aria is the most beautiful lamb we have ever had. I love her!

[​IMG]

Isn’t she gorgeous? Look at this face!

[​IMG]

2. Oct 8, 2019
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

hmm... how do i do hearts? lol

so cute!

baymule likes this.
  3. Oct 8, 2019
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

Oh wow Bay! That's excellent news, everybody had a safe and healthy lambing. That little Aria ewe is pretty. I especially love the black inside her ears for some reason, haha.
    I'm a little partial to your black ewes and their babies, they look so dressy in their black and whites. Ringo did a great job of providing you with a lot of variety. Congratulations sheep farmer!

Carol Dee and baymule like this.
  4. Oct 8, 2019
    baymule

baymule Garden Master

There are 3 more that Will lamb any day, then 2 that Will lamb later and 2 that just got bred.

Ringo was bred in a parasite resistance program by Virginia Tech University. He passes that trait to most of his offspring. That makes him pretty special. Why I really wanted him is because of his calm and gentle disposition. He adores attention, scratches and petting. After getting slammed multiple times by a mean ram, not letting the granddaughters in the Sheep pen, you darn bet’cha I wanted to go all the way to Tennessee to get Ringo. He is 6 years old and we are in love with him.

Yesterday Ringo bred a ewe standing right next to me. NO aggression. NOT one bit. Amazing. He passes this trait to most of his offspring as well. He comes running to his name. He loves animal crackers and smells them in my pocket. Then he is my best friend! We love Ringo!

Carol Dee, pjn, flowerbug and 3 others like this.
  5. Oct 8, 2019
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

I didn't realize how many sheep you have. With Ringos pedigree I guess that would make the ram lambs more valuable for possible breeding programs rather than table fare?

Carol Dee, baymule and flowerbug like this.
  6. Oct 8, 2019
    Cosmo spring garden

Cosmo spring garden Garden Ornament

7. Oct 8, 2019
    Rhodie Ranch

Rhodie Ranch Garden Master

I have a friend in MO on another forum that raises K sheep. Her ewes each had twins three months ago, and one young ewe had triplets!

baymule and ducks4you like this.
  8. Oct 8, 2019
    so lucky

so lucky Garden Master

Well, gosh, Bay, I didn't realize you had that many sheep, either! Congratulations on all the successful birthings at your sheep ranch. The little ones are so cute!

baymule, flowerbug and ducks4you like this.
  9. Oct 8, 2019
    AMKuska

AMKuska Garden Addicted

I remember your ram. I'm actually a bit surprised to see babies so quickly. How long are sheep pregnancies?

baymule and flowerbug like this.
  10. Oct 8, 2019
    ducks4you

ducks4you Garden Master

East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
    Congratulations!! Melts your heart!!! :love:love:love

baymule and flowerbug like this.