ROSEMARY

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thats where we have ours just inside the gate, once the spring harvest of the oregano is done in the dryer, that will be the next to go in..we missed the thyme it's gone to flower...

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What is wrong with my rosemary?!?! It's been in sun for about 7 hours a day on the east of my house next to my flourishing snap dragons. We had a lot of rain but I brought it in for the worst of it since I was worried about high winds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 355

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a Rosemary plant that I put in the ground this spring and it is still alive. I did not think they liked cold weather??? Will this plant make it through the rest of the winter? If not, can I dig it up and pot it and bring it in the house? It smells so good! LOL
Where I live in Washington state the temps can get down to 19 degrees in the winter. I have had rosemary plants live outside during that winter and do fine. You could probably do fine bringing it inside too, but you might hurt the roots when you transplant it...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the board! I am in Idaho. The plant finally died. It was not in a real good place to begin with and then the snow was so deep and then it turned to ice and stayed for a long long time.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
for a really hardy rosemary make sure you get the variety ARP i have a huge bush now it has survived winters where the temps dipped below 0 ºF for over a week.
Annette
I don't know which rosemary variety I have because the small bush was there when I moved in. I wonder if there is any difference in flavor between the different varieties?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know which rosemary variety I have because the small bush was there when I moved in. I wonder if there is any difference in flavor between the different varieties?
Slight. There is however, a LARGE difference in flavor between standard rosemary and pine rosemary (R. augustifolius) which is what I have. That one is probably NOT a good choice for you, as it is even less cold hardy than standard.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Slight. There is however, a LARGE difference in flavor between standard rosemary and pine rosemary (R. augustifolius) which is what I have. That one is probably NOT a good choice for you, as it is even less cold hardy than standard.
Thank you so much for your help! 😊 I really appreciate it! Have a good night!

Latest posts