ROSEMARY

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Rosemary was that hardy. I would think it should do well with the West side of the house soaking up heat from the winter sun all afternoon and radiating in back through the night.

I think the problem with this plant is it is on the east side of the house. It is not looking that great yet. I will take a picture in a couple months and see if it ever grows bigger than when I first planted it. lol

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
I think the problem with this plant is it is on the east side of the house. It is not looking that great yet. I will take a picture in a couple months and see if it ever grows bigger than when I first planted it. lol
I hope it does! I never realized how big they could get

chefsdreams

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i have a rosemary plant in my front yard. it's been growing there for about 3 years, as has a sage plant. i ususally let them bloom because i love the flowers and so do the hummingbirds. i keep meaning to take a picture to show it. . . but, since i haven't smelled it for awhile, my memory isn't as good as it once was... :gig

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have a rosemary plant in my front yard. it's been growing there for about 3 years, as has a sage plant. i ususally let them bloom because i love the flowers and so do the hummingbirds. i keep meaning to take a picture to show it. . . but, since i haven't smelled it for awhile, my memory isn't as good as it once was... :gig

:yuckyuck :gig:gig

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You must have it next to the house. Both Philly and Central IL are too far north for perennial rosemary. (Btw, born in Philly, and lived on "I" Street before moving to Phoenixville Pike in West Chester.)