Rounding the corner to the end of harvest

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a lot of peppers that were hidden.The bigger carrot is 15 inches long. I have great carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes. Still have beans, some tomatoes and lettuce. Love those late plantings.
7100_oct_veg.jpg

7100_oct_veggies.jpg

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very nice harvest..... :celebrate

The other day was digging around the potato bed and found
2 missed potatoes from July dw had a good laugh wonder
How many more are in there? That we missed

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cippolini onions, Cat'? What are the little peppers?

I keep saying that I'm gonna grow some "late" potatoes. I'm glad I don't give any more of the garden to the early varieties that I do grow.

The frost killed one that I missed and that began to grow again . . . I've peeled off sprouts on all that I harvested the 1st & 2nd week of August. There's only a nice basket of spuds down in that too warm basement room right now.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have lost track of what the onions are. I plant sets and plants. They are not Cippolini though. The little peppers are an unknown HOT. I am giving most away. I posted a help thread last week when I bit into one, spit it out, and couldn't put out the fire! The skinny red are just a bit hot.One in the soup last night gave just a bit of warm. I bought a mixed package of hot seed so they are unknown.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not recommending Cippolini onions, Cat'. Unless, you like hot onions, too :rolleyes:.

At least, the variety of Cippolini I tried was too hot. The one thing it could do with survive a winter and grow again. Also, they were cute things :rolleyes:.

Maybe the little peppers are Habanero but I'm always kind of on the lookout for small sweet peppers after some success with the little ones ;).

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I feel for you on those potatoes. Mine are also sprouting in my too warm garage. Thats part of why Ive made 14 quarts of soup in the last couple of weeks and will make another 7 quarts batch soon.

My onions are also starting to go bad so they are getting used in the soup and chicken broth. Ive already got several bags of chopped onions in the freezer so Im set with them for quite a while.

Latest posts